2016

TW: Suicide. Watch the video.

I sat on the roof of Jack's apartment building, my legs dangling off the edge. I couldn't. I'd ruined everything. And I'd waited too long for this. I'd waited so long to love him, and I blew it. I knew I couldn't die before, but maybe now that he'd fallen love with another person, I could.

There was no point anymore.

My phone rang. It was Jack. He at least deserved a goodbye.

"Mark. Please. Look down."

The spec of green hair looked up at me from the ground. I heard him sobbing on the phone.

"Go back inside Jack... I can't live without you. But if you want to marry her, I won't stop you from being happy."

"No! Mark listen to me! You can't do this. So many people need you."

It was the middle of the night. No one was around. Perfect.

"Mark keep talking to me. I don't think you're crazy. I don't understand this at all, but I don't want you to die. Please." He rambled on and on and I lost myself in his voice, until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Jack sat down next to me, his legs kicking the side of the building. His voice crackled over the phone, and I heard it on the cold night breeze.

"If you fall. I'm falling with you." He put his arms around me, tackling me as I leaned forward and started to fall. "No!"

My head hit the pavement.

Of the roof.

Jack clutched the front of my shirt, sobbing. "Mark Mark no. No."

I stared at the stars, my head aching. I sat up, and turned to face him. "J-jack..."

He hugged me, and my shoulder was soaked with his tears. "Mark I didn't know what to say because I didn't think you felt the same way..."

I put a shaky hand under his chin, and lifted his head. His beautiful eyes were red and puffy from crying. It broke my heart a thousand times to see him like this. "Oh Jack... I'm sorry..."

He kissed me, and everything went red. My heard felt like a bomb, and my body was shaking, trying to contain the blast.

His hands slid under my shirt, and I melted into him as his cool hands slid up my ribs. He broke the kiss, and pushed me away.

"Come back inside Mark. Please..."

I got to my feet, pulling him up with me. I kissed him again, and he cried.

We stood there, and I sang to my love.

I know you've got a strong heart,
It's written in the stars.
Behind the castle walls,
You've hid your life.
But when you let the past go,
Your story unfolds.
Look out your window
Into the night.

The darkness can be such a lonely place on your own.
I'll be your compass so you'll never feel alone.