September

The picture above is one of the Fairy Pools in Scotland.

Jack and I got on the plane, headed home from PAX. We collapsed onto the bed, exhausted when we got to his apartment. He didn't respond when I ran a hand through his hair.

"Sean?"

No response.

"Sean!"

Still nothing. I shook him one last time, and he jumped up, yelling, and kissed me. "BOO!"

He saw my tears and drew back. "Oh come on. I didn't scare ya that bad did I?" He laughed, trying to joke.

I hugged him. "You did. You did. Don't ever fucking do that again. You didn't respond and I thought I'd lost you again..." I sobbed into his shoulder as he scooted onto my lap, and hugged me apologetically.

"Mark... baby... it's okay. It's okay. I'm so sorry baby I didn't think... I didn't think I'd make you this upset. Please don't cry. Oh god I'm sorry Mark." He apologised, and ran his hands through my hair and over my body, trying to calm me down. "Baby I'm so sorry I'll never do that again ever. I didn't think you'd actually get legitimately scared... I'm so fucking sorry oh god please don't cry... please dont-"

I shut him up with a deep kiss. He gasped, as I forced my tongue past his teeth. He kissed back, running his hands under my shirt.

I lifted my arms and laid my hands on him so my thumbs rested just in front of his ears, and my spread hands spanned the length of his cheeks and neck. I pulled him closer, and kissed him until we both pulled apart gasping for life.

I looked into his perfect face, and his beautiful blue eyes, patterned every imaginable shade of blue, with just a splash of green tinge; like the Fairy Pools I'd visited with him in a past life, just over the hills, by the bay in Scotland.

"Your eyes are like coffee... " He whispered. "Like black coffee. A light roast, with just a hint of whiskey to give it an almost mahogany color..."

He smiled, the corners of his pools crinkling, and a small waterfall cascaded from one.
"William, why are you crying?"

"Who's William?" He stared at me, his smile fading.

I stared at him in shock. "1962. The night you got drafted... we sat exactly like this... you you started crying, and I asked you why. You said it was because you knew in your heart you weren't coming home..." I started to cry again.

He wiped away my tears with gentle fingers. "I'm here now. And I'm not going away any time soon. And... you weren't wrong... William is my middle name... " he offered with a small smirk.

I laughed, petting his head.

"There's that smile, Edward..."

I looked at him, confused, until I realized. That was my middle name. I laughed, and he looked at me, before mimicking it perfectly, to which I laughed more.

He kissed me, pushing me back into the bed, and we decided to exhaust each other before sleeping off the jet lag, if you know what I mean. *Wink wink*