Chapter 9 ~ Flight

When the bus stopped at a street corner about 3. miles away from the park I took off my headphones and got my bag from under the seat. 

"Thank you!" I said as I hopped off the bus and started the quick walk to the address. 

The farther I walked the less cheerful and populated the world around me became. The ratio of alive to dead plants took a quick shift and everything smelled of rotten bananas and cigarettes. But I trudged on until I found the rickety sign that said HOLLOW FOREST PARK, with a yellow caution strip of tape wrapped around it. 

I walked passed the sign onto the humungous parking lot and giant, empty fields. I could tell why they wanted to take off here. The jet was already sitting in the middle of the parking lot, so I jogged to it. Bradley was standing outside and put my bag in the underneath compartment. The door opened and I followed Bradley inside. 

It wasn't the nicest (you know, as far as private jets go) but was well decorated and smelled way better than the outside. I took my seat across from Bradley and put my seatbelt on. My stomach tossed and turned, for I'd never been on a plane before. We took off pretty easily and started flying East. 

Bradley noticed my nervous expression. "Ever flown?" He asked. 

I shook my head. "Nope. Never been outside the US."

Bradley smiled at me. "Well your lucky that your first time is on one of these things. It's very smooth and has beer. You don't even have to wait your turn!" I laughed and settled in my seat. Turns out Bradley was a nice guy. 

I looked out the window for a while before I noticed Bradley staring at me. "Sorry!" He said, and looked out his window. 

"No, it's fine."

"Just, ah, trying to figure out his type!" Bradley said with a soft laugh. "You know, it was a shock to the crew as well. Him coming out, I mean. He'd played straight so well. Until you came along."

I blushed. "It still doesn't seem real to me."

"What?" 

"This! Blaine! Me, being someone that someone could, like." Bradley nodded and swung his leg over the other. "You know he was on the news this morning. My whole family was watching it."

"Yeah! Pretty exciting. Blaine was happy about it as well, how they were taking a positive view of it. He was terrified that everyone one stop liking his work just becuase he was gay."

I sighed. "How long is this flight?"

"If we don't hit any turbulence, should be around an hour."

I nodded and looked back out the window. "It's a dream come true. The whole package. I mean, imagine a childhood crush asking you to join him on his tour just to spend more time with you. I can't believe it's happening to me."

Bradley laughed, "yeah, I saw your suitcase. That's a big commitment. We're glad you like his music. so, uh, can I get you something to drink?" he asked. 

"What kind of beer do you have?"

"Just Bud Light, I'm afraid."

"I'll have a glass," I said, and Bradley left to get me my drink. I rested my elbow on the arm rest and put my chin in my hand. I watched all the tiny cars and all the tiny people go about their everyday life, and I could only imagine how my definition of everyday life was about to change drastically. 

Bradley returned with my drink and I drank it slowly, still mesmerized at how everything looked from above. It got me thinking that we're all wrapped up in our own lives and how we should all fly once in a while to realize how unimportant most of the things we worry about are. 

Like getting a good grade on a test, finding the perfect gift for your boss, it really doesn't matter. I mean it does if you get your boss like a Victoria's Secret gift card or something, but other than that we should all step back and look at the big picture. 

After another glass of beer we landed on a public strip not far from the concert hall. Bradley told me to go with Nick in Blaine's limo and that Blaine would be waiting for me in the concert hall or in the trailer. 

I grabbed my bag and Nick placed it in the trunk. The limo was very nice and smelled like body spray. I played with the windows some but Nick didn't seem to care. Wow, Blaine's team was made up of all nice guys. 

Nick helped my out of the Limo, gave me my bag, and gave me basic instructions to find the trailer. I walked behind the concert hall and found the bus exactly where Nick said it be. The door was open and I stepped inside. 

Stef and Julia were inside with their hair in towels reading magazines. "Oh hey, Kurt. You can put your stuff here. Ricky volunteered to turn the sofa into a bed, so you can sleep on top of Blaine."

The girls giggled at the statement and I had a mental laugh myself. Oh if only. I climbed onto the top bunk and set my headphones on the bed. 

"Do you know where I could find Blaine?" I asked them. 

"No, sorry. He was just in here. I'd check the stage though, for some reason he likes to write songs on empty stages. I think it's Tumblr and cool but Julia thinks it's weird."

"But it is!" Julia replied. 

"Thanks!" I said and hopped out of the bus. I thought to myself, I think it's cute.