Chapter 7 ~ The Selfie

I climbed up on stage and disappeared behind the curtain before anyone saw me. I needed to get a picture with Blaine or no one would believe me. 

I curved through the beams and flashed my VIP pass to anyone who thought I looked suspicious. I had to find him. Where was he? I burst open the door to the costume room, and was disappointed to find that only the band members were inside. "Do you guys know where Blaine went?"

Ricky, Joe, and Stef shook their heads and went back to taking their make-up off. But Julia nodded, "yeah... I think he went looking for you, actually. I can tell him you're here." 

"Oh, thank yo so much!" I said. Wait - did the drummer of Blaine's band just do me a friendly favor? And did she say that he went looking for me? This was getting too weird. 

"He's on his way," Julia said and turned back to the mirror. It was really weird to see them without fancy costumes and tons of make-up on. It was like they were just normal people. 

Blaine popped his head in the door, "Thanks, Jules." 

I turned around and pulled out my phone. "Hey, before I go, could I get a quick picture? It would mean a lot to my mom and brother. They're big fans as well." Blaine nodded and I turned the camera around. He put his arm around my shoulder and we smiled as I took the picture. "Thanks a lot, and it was super cool getting to meet you. I mean, this- this was like a dream come true. Really."

I looked down at my phone to put it back in my pocket, and then felt a hand on my cheek, pulled my head upwards. Before I could register what was happening, I felt Blaine Anderson's lips on mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back on instinct. He was gentle, and warm. I wrapped my hands around his waist, and planted another one on him as he tried to pull away. 

He tasted like sweat and foundation, but I wouldn't know any better. I'd never kissed anyone before. But apparently Blaine had. I wanted to stay like that, close to him, for hours. I opened my eyes and he pulled back. I kept my hands on his waist and his remained beneath my jaw. 

"I- I- I," I stuttered, confused and excited and confused. Blaine backed up and pulled a corner off the paper sign that read, "Costume Dept." He used the pen taped to the wall to scribble something down. 

"My number. Well, my personal number. Not work. Becuase, that would be weird if I gave you my work number... um. Here," he handed me the scrap of paper and I slipped it into my skinny jeans. 

"What, what was that?" I asked, trying to make sure everyone was real. I was ghost white. "I mean, I know what it was but like, why?"

Blaine swallowed. "Well, um, when you walked in, something inside me clicked. Whenever I did photoshoots with hot girls I was so confused and to be honest... scared- becuase I wasn't turned on by anything. But you, you I felt something. And, well, I realized, I wasn't broken, I was just different. I- I- I- came out and asked you to sing, becuase, well becuase, I want to get to know you."

I didn't know what to think. I was speechless, thoughtless, everything spinning. Nothing making sense. "Yes?" I said, answering a question he didn't even ask. "I mean, I would love that."

Blaine smiled and nodded, "great! Um, you can just tag along with me and my band if you want. We've got some room in the trailer, or Ricky can just sleep on the sofa. We can make room, and you can help out and stuff."

He looked at me and lifted his eyebrows. He really wanted me to come. He wanted, me. But, I couldn't go! Mom and dad, Finn, Mercedes, she wasn't going to leave for another two days. It would be awkward without her. 

"Please?" Blaine asked. 

I bit my lip. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. How many times do you get asked out by a world-famous pop-star? Once that you've had an obsession with since sophomore year of high school. 

"Yes. Yes, of course! A thousand times yes!" Blaine reached up and kissed me again. Quicker, but a little bit more passionately. "But, I'd need stuff, clothes."

Blaine nodded and started pacing. He was so adorable hen he got nervous. "My next show is in is in Philadelphia. That's in two days. Um, you can go home and back and pack a bag tonight, and I can have people fly you out on my private jet in the morning and you can be there for my show. After that I go to more stops along the East Coast, then I think we go to Hawaii and than back to LA. Okay, hold on, I have to go talk to some people."

Blaine ran off and I was left with his number and the feeling of his lips on mine. 

I made my way outside of the stadium and navigated through a small crowd of people still hanging around. A couple people walked up to me and told me I did a good job, but I honestly ignored most of them. 

I looked for Mercedes and fiddled with the VIP pass hanging around my neck. "Mercedes?" I called out, and she appeared from around a corner. 

"There you are!" she yelled, "what were you doing in there? I was getting cold."

I started blushing and opened my mouth to tell her the story, but all that would come out was a girly giggle. "Kurt, what happened?"

I smiled and shook my head. My eyes found my feet and I kept playing with my lanyard. "I- I- I- I'll tell you on the bus."

"Which came and went while you were in there doing whatever, so now we have to wait for the next one!"

"Sorry," I said, "but trust me, it was worth it." 

She gave me a finny look, "okay, Hummel. But you better tell me becuase I will squeeze it out of your tiny white ass if you don't, and I don't wanna go there." 

We stood around waiting for the bus and every 20 seconds or so Mercedes tried to find out what I did. I was still to in shock and giddy from excitement that I couldn't process it myself. She wouldn't believe me, anyway. Maybe if...

The bus pulled up and we stepped on. We slid into a seat and I pulled out my phone and Blaine's number from my pocket. I went into my contacts and made a new one with the name, "😍🎤." Seeing his number in my hand made it real. I couldn't stop smiling. 

Mercedes looked over my shoulder, "what's that?" she asked, trying to see my phone. I pulled it away from her and threw the piece of paper containing Blaine's number out the window. IT was probably a stupid decision, but I could always get another hardcopy while I went with him on the rest of his tour. Just thinking that made me smile. "What was that?!" She asked again, confused. I couldn't keep it from Mercedes anymore.