Chapter 2: First Encounter

Harper didn't know how long she had been running but she was starving and her legs had started to feel sore a long time ago. Finally, as the sun was setting, she tripped like she had multiple times but this time she just let her herself collapse on the ground. Fatigue had overcome her body and she felt as if she was ready to die. If I don't end up dying in the hands of a titan, I'll surely die here. She thought as she felt her eyes closing.

"Harper, oh my goodness!!" she heard someone cry before she completely closed her eyes. But just before she could be swallowed by the darkness, she smelled it. The delicious smell of freshly baked bread, a boiled potato, and some cookies. Sitting up straight, she turned to see Lucy, still in her uniform and standing there with a tray of food.

"I thought you might be hungry, especially after running all this time," was the only thing Lucy said before Harper starting bawling her eyes out. Lucy was taken aback when the girl suddenly starting crying but either way she gently sat next to her and handed her the tray.

"Hey," Lucy gently said, "Don't cry."

I'm just so happy Harper thought but couldn't bring herself to say.

After Harper practically devoured all the food, Lucy began to stand up to return the dishware she had used.

"Here, I'll take the dishes. People might find it suspicious if you take them back. I'll see you back at the barracks." said Lucy, before turning around and throwing Harper a smile. Though before Lucy could began walking, she felt a tug on her sleeve.

"Thanks," Harper whispered, shyly. In return, Lucy just flashed her a smile.

Aww! So cute!! She's almost like a small lost puppy. Thought Lucy.

After Lucy left, Harper began to walk to her barracks to clean herself and gets some rest. As she rounded the corner to one of the barracks, she crashed into what felt like a giant brick wall and fell right on her butt. I could have sworn that wasn't there before she thought as she rubbed her bottom. Opening her eyes, she looked up, only to have see a pair of intimidating grey eyes staring at her. Captain Levi she thought, as she continued to stare. Almost like she had appeared from out of nowhere, Hanji jumped out from behind Levi and pointed at Harper.

"Ahh! I know you! You're the girl Commander Keith was yelling at a few hours earlier," she yelled out loud. Harper blushed as she looked down, quietly saying a quick "yeah" before finally standing up and saluting her superiors. She could still feel Levi staring, well more like glaring, at her, but she just kept staring at her shoes.

"You know, I'm surprised you managed to run that long considering that Commander Keith had told me you lacked in physical strength," Hanji said, smiling.

"You seemed okay to me though," Hanji continued, "Hmm.. maybe he was lying."

"Shitty glasses, don't you have to take a few tests on titan boy," said Levi, still glaring at Harper.

"Oooh!! YES," screamed Hanji, before taking off in a different direction while yelling, "Eren, where are you!!"

"I'm sorry I crashed into you, Sir" Harper whispered.

"Tch" was all Levi said before he walked away. Harper let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.