Chapter 10: Cupid

-1 month later-

Harper had begun to stick close to Levi, almost like a baby duck. She was still a bit sad about Lucy so everyone avoided any conversation about her. She had begun calling Levi Vi, causing Hanji to make fun of him.

"Harper, go give these papers to Erwin," said Levi one day.

"Yes Vi heichou," replied Harper happily as she took the papers and walked out of his office.

"Vi heichou," snickered Hanji.

"Shut up shitty glasses. Don't call me that," he said.

After a while Hanji began to talk again.

"You know, Petra's been dropping hints for you. You're going to die alone and unhappy if you don't get a girlfriend soon," said Hanji.

Sighing Levi put down his pen. Harper, who had been listening outside the whole time, finally walked in.

"Vi heichou, Erwin asked me to give you these papers," she said.

"Dammit Erwin. Always giving me so much damn paperwork," he muttered, taking the stack of paper she was holding.

"Umm... I've got to go," she said quickly then ran out of Levi's office. Both Hanji and Levi just stared at the door before returning to what they were doing.

"Vi heichou needs to be happy so I have to get him and Petra together," she said as she ran to the dining room. Suddenly she stopped and said," but how?"

Walking into the dining room, she spotted Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Marco, Jean, and Petra.

Smiling she ran out of the dining room and back to Levi's office.

"Vi heichou!!! Come on let's go eat lunch. I know you haven't eaten anything," she exclaimed.

Levi put his pen down and said,"fine."

That was easy thought Harper.

At the dining room, Levi and Harper got food and went to sit.

"Vi heichou lets sit by Petra," said Harper, dragging Levi over to Petra. Levi just followed without a complaint. Once they sat down, Petra blushed as she stared at Levi and Harper saw this as an opportunity to get the two closer.

"I'm going to go sit by Eren and Mikasa. Bye Vi heichou. Bye Petra," she said.

As Harper ate with the Mikasa and the others, she kept looking behind her towards Levi and Petra's table. She was happy to see that Levi was talking and that Petra occasionally blushed. Alright my plan worked she thought.

-7 months later-

Harper tried really hard to get Levi and Petra together but it wasn't working. She almost started giving up but then she thought about how Levi needs some happiness in his life. So sometimes she would have other Survey Corps members try to help her out. But the Survey Corps also had an expedition coming up soon so Harper didn't have much time to follow through with operation get Levi and Petra together.

Finally the morning of the expedition Harper was a mess. She didn't really want to leave her room, convinced that someone was going to die like Lucy. It took a few threats and much encouragement from Levi so that she would finally come out of her room.

When they went outside the wall, the Special Operations squad put Harper in the middle of their little semi-circle. That way she would know that she is safe.

It had been hours since they left the safety of the wall but so far no titans.

"Oh man, no titans that I can kill," she heard Oluo complain. But just as Oluo said that, they saw a giant hairy titan heading towards them. They all stopped shocked, even Levi. What's happening? What is that? Said Harper. Quickly the titan reached down and wrapped its hairy hand around Petra ."Levi!! Help," yelled Petra. Levi finally snapped out of his shocked state. He was about to switch to 3DMG so that he could get Petra. But how? All around is just flat land he thought. Out of the corner of his eye saw someone whiz by.

Harper. Harper had attached the hooks to the titan's arm. She then proceeded to cut the titan's hand, the one that was holding Petra. She dropped to the ground with Petra before turning around to finish the titan. She then did something risky. She attached the hooks to the titan's shoulders and then cut his neck. Fortunately everything went well, but still Levi was livid.

Harper had landed on the ground safety and was turning around when she felt a sharp pain on her cheek and she found herself on the ground.

"Are you crazy," she heard Levi yell at her, clearly angry.

"V-vi Heichou," she quietly said still holding her cheek.

"That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen you do. Were you trying to get yourself killed dumbass?" He yelled. Harper just sat on the ground, staring at him in horror.

"I wasn't going to let Petra get killed," She said. As soon as she said that, Levi glared at her.

"So you tried to get both of you killed," he yelled again. Soon Harper was crying and Levi was still yelling at her about how dumb that was, and how dumb she was for doing that.

"Levi, stop. Let's just go. They've shot the blue flare," said Eld.

Levi finally got on his horse and began to ride away with Eld, Gunther, and Oluo. Petra and Eren stayed behind to make sure Harper was okay.Slowly Petra embraced the crying girl.

"Thanks for saving me, Harper. I was so scared," said Petra gently smiling at the still crying girl.

"You know, Harper, no matter what the captain says, that was really cool and brave," said Eren. Petra nodded agreeing with the boy.