Chapter 11: Aren't You Proud?

When all of the Survey Corps got together, Harper's cheek still hurt, and she thought there was going to be a bruise tomorrow. Of course Erwin and Hanji, along with Mikasa, Jean, Armin, Marco, Bertolt, Reiner, Krista, Ymir, Sasha, and Connie, wanted to know why the girl was crying but she just said it was nothing. Secretly Eren told everyone. They could see why Levi got mad but they still felt bad for the poor girl. She looked up to Levi like a dad figure and it probably broke her heart that he was mad instead of proud of her actions.

Back at the barracks, Harper again stayed in her room but this time she did talk to her friends to let them know that she was fine and just needed some time alone.

"Shorty, you were so mean to that little puppy. You know, she was only trying to save Petra so you would be happy." said Hanji.

"Shut it, shitty glasses. You know as well as I do that it was stupid what she did." Levi replied.

"Yes it was Levi. But, again, like Hanji said she was doing it for you. She seems to think that you would be happy if you got together with Petra, so if Petra died you would be sad," said Erwin.

"Why would she think that," he asked.

"Shorty, remember that day I told you that Petra was dropping hints, and that you would die alone and unhappy. Well she was standing outside the door, I'm surprised you didn't noticed her," said Hanji.

"Aww, damn. I probably hurt her feelings," said Levi putting his face in his hands.

"Big time," replied Hanji. Levi stood up and walked out of his office.

"You know, he's turning into a real big softy, but it's kinda cute," said Hanji to Erwin.

"It's Captain Levi, can I come in?" asked Levi, as he knocked on Harper's door. Harper, still angry at him, didn't answer and instead pretended as if she wasn't there. But she had forgotten to lock the door and Levi just walked in.

"I didn't say you could come in," she muttered as he sat down on her bed.

"I'm sorry, puppy. I didn't mean to yell at you. There's no excuse. It's just that you worried me when you suddenly began attacking that titan," he said, pulling her into a hug.

"Vi heichou, it's okay. You're just really scary when you yell at people. Especially when they don't clean things up to your standards," she said.

"Also, what is this I hear about you trying to get me together with Petra," Levi asked. Harper blushed," Well Hanji said you would die alone and unhappy. And I wanted you to be happy. And you always seem happy around Petra so..."

Levi almost smiled. It was so adorable how she thought of others before herself.

The very next few days continued normally: train, eat, and sleep. One day though she was sitting in Levi's office, watching him do his paperwork because she had nothing to do, when Hanji barges in, scaring both Levi and Harper.

"Shorty, Mike and Nanaba are back," she yelled.

"Quiet shitty glasses," he replies as he stands up and begins walking towards the door. Harper also stands up and begins to follow Hanji and Levi. Who's Mike and Nanaba? She thought. Finally Levi and Hanji stopped in front of a tall, bearded man and a blonde haired woman, who were talking to Erwin.

"Glad to have you back Mike and Nanaba," said Erwin. The man just nodded, but the woman replied, "Glad to be back sir,"

Harper assumed Nanaba was the woman and Mike was the tall man. Erwin took noticed of Harper and said," Mike, Nanaba, this is Harper. A new addition to the Special Operations Squad."

Shyly, she said,"Hi, I'm Harper. She then extended her hand for them to shake. The man took her hand and said, "Mike," before he leaned and began to sniff her. Harper just looked at Levi with pleading eyes.

"He does that with everyone," he said. After Harper was finished being sniffed, she looked at the woman next to Mike.

"I'm Nanaba," she said.

After introductions, Levi shooed Harper away claiming they had very important business to talk about and that only squad leaders could attend.

"So what did the King say" asked Erwin, as soon as they were in the safety of his office.

"He thinks that with the reports we gave him and the inspection they had some of their workers do, we could probably disband in about a year," said Nanaba.

"Waah. Who would've thought we would live to see the day that humanity finally beats the titans," said Hanji.

"Good, they were nasty, filthy beasts anyways," said Levi. Mike just nodded in agreement. While they were sad that the Survey Corps would disband, humanity had done it. They had finally beat the titans.