Chapter [2]

"RUNNN!" I screamed as Casey rockweiler chased us around the backyard.

We both giggled and ran as fast as our 9 year old body's could. I could only fun for so long.

"Girl please don't fall." Casey mom shouted over the ruckus of us knocking over some of the chairs.

"Okay!" We both said at the same time. We kept on running as the Rocky chased us. We had no other choice.

"We have to jump!" Casey said looking around a the backyard.

"There has to be another way!" I gasped for air.

"We will do it together." She said grabbing my hand.

I nodded and one 3 we jumped and felt the water splash on our swimsuits. We swam back up together hand n hand. We cheered when we went back to the surface. But Rocky had other plans.

He jumped in the pool and we screamed running off opposite ways. We swam as fast as we could. I looked behind to see Rocky catching up to Casey!

"Rocky!" I screamed and slammed my hand on the top of the water surface to catch his attention. He stopped and turned back around to follow me. I screamed and took of up the stairs and ran as fast as I could to the now wet grass. I could feel it seeping through my feet and mud under it. "Casey help me!" I screamed as I could see Rocky out of the pool.

I didn't hear Casey say anything. I slowed down and stopped. I looked back but didn't see  Casey but I did see a big bear running towards me with its tongue out.

"Stop!" I screamed and shot my hands up, he slid and stopped causing him to tumble over. He got up and shook his head.

I looked around for Casey. Maybe she's hiding? I looked around the backyard but I couldn't find her. I walked around the backyard but didn't think to look in the pool. The wind brushed against my cold wet skin.

"Casey!" I screamed out. Loud enough for Ms.Lisney, Casey mom to come outside.

"What's going on?" She said looking around for Casey.

"I can't find Casey." I said, I felt a tear stream down my eye.

"Did you check everywhere.. Casey!" She said.

I nodded my head but kept on looking. I saw Rocky looking in the pool and barking. I ran to the pool and saw Casey at the bottom of the pool. I jumped in without hesitation and swam down as fast as I could with my heart racing. I reached the bottom and placed my feet at the bottom and put her arm around my neck. I then launched myself back up to the surface.

Ms.Linsey was on the edge of the pool reaching out for Casey. I got her close enough for her too pull Casey out of the pool. She pulled her and say her on her back. She began doing CPR on Casey. I watched as her chest pumped up and down. My eyes were just scanning her body as she moved lifelessly. Rocky was behind her whining and nudging her head.

"Autumn go call 911 NOW!" She screamed at me.

I nodded my head quickly and jumped up and climbed out of the pool. I ran into the from the backyard to the living room and then to the kitchen where the house phone was. I ran to the phone and slid on the floor crashing my side into the cabinet. I screamed in pain but remembered Casey. I stood back up and saw blood oozing out my side. I looked for the phone while one my other hand held my side.

I had tears running down my eyes. As I called 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" The lady ringed on the phone.

"My friend isn't breathing, I can't explain what happened but I need an ambulance at 3333 Mickey Ln as fast as you can please!" I screamed in the phone.

"Okay, I need you to tell me what happened?" She said calmly.

"SHE ISNT BREATHING I ALREADY TOLD YOU! Send the ambulance!" I screamed at the phone and hung up.

I ran back outside with the phone in my hand and my side still dripping blood.

"They're on the way." I said landing beside her scraping my knees on the pool cement. I watched Casey chest pump up and down as my heart sped up faster and faster. I looked at Rocky who was starring at Casey.

Minutes felt like hours where hours felt like minutes. The wind would slow down and speed up so viciously my lip would shake. The grass sticking to my feet and the blood from my side staining the cement.

The siren brung joy to my ear.

"Go open the door." She yelled and continued to do CPR. I nodded and ran off to the front door. I opened it and men took off running while I ran in front of them. I jumped to the side and dragged a 90lb dog off to the side with me who was barking like a manic. I held him back as the men began doing whatever they do.

One was consoling Ms.Linsey while the others were starting CPR they kept on going for what feels like 15 minutes of holding back Rocky. They put her in a bag and zipped it up.

My heart stopped. They carried her to the gurney and wheeled her to the ambulance. I felt a lump go to my throat. My mom came running out the house to me and held me in her arms. I gripped on her shirt as she whispers sweet things in my ear. I held on to Rocky as he pulled against my weight. Ms.Linsey climbed in the ambulance with her.

They shut the door and drove off.

On August 23, 2016 at the time of 6:44. Is the day where my life changed forever..

No friend, No love or No trust....