Chapter [5]

"Okay, 1 more time. What happened again?" The officer asked Alex again..

He rubbed his face in annoyance, " The manager touched her inappropriately."

I zoned out when I saw the manager being lifted into the ambulance. I watched him carefully.

Stop being paranoid Autumn. I'm fine.

I got back in the car and sat there till the police said it was okay to go.  I started daydreaming of scenarios, of what would happen if Alex wasn't there.

"Hey, you okay?" Alex said lowly.

"Shit!" I said trying to catch my heart, "don't scare my like that." I said holding my chest.

"I'm sorry, so now were fired." he said with a straight face but his eyes could tell he regretted saying he quit.

"Well, maybe, just maybe. You can come over and we got do applications online." I said with the most courage I could ever have.

A huge smile shot on his face, "Yeah, sure!"

i'm so going to regret this later.

"And, uh thank you." I said with sweaty hand, sliding out the car and kissing him on the cheek.

I sat back in the car with sweat drenching out of my fingernails. I closed the door with him still starring there looking at me. My heart was beating so fast i could feel my tongue throbbing.

I started the car and drove out the parking lot pass the police cars and ambulances. I grabbed my phone when i made it to the main street and called my mom.

"Autumn, are you okay?" my mom said in the phone right after the 2nd ring.

"Yes, i'm on my way home now." I said pulling up to the stop light.

"okay, hurry cause Rocky needs to go for a walk and i'm damn sure not walking him." She said, I could sense a smile in her voice as she said that. She was trying to lighten the mood.

"Of course, mom. give me like 10 minutes." I said smiling and going across the road when the light turned green.

"Okay, Love you." She said in the phone.

"Love you too mom." I said and hung up the phone.

I threw my phone into the other seat and threw my head back on the head rest as time went back and endless stop lights and cars honking at each other.

After a terrible supposedly 10 minutes which turned into 25 minutes. I finally pulled into the drive way. Grabbing my book bag from the back seat and my phone. I threw my keys in my book bag and threw open the door.

Walking to the door and opening the door. I looked around to notice the moving truck was gone and 3 cars parked in the drive way. I walked in and instantly thrown back forcefully into the door slamming it shut. My back pierced with pain and the back of my neck.

"Rocky down now!" I heard my mom voice boom from down the hall.

The 95 lb back down and allowed me to look at him.

"Hi mom." I said looking for her in the hall.

"Hello daughter. Now walk him before i make him sleep on your pillow." She said, I heard kitchen utensils being tossed around.

"Yes mother." I said grabbing the leash and latching it on him. "Lets go you oversized bear." I said opening the door instantly being dragged out the door with no time to shut the door.

"Rocky wait." I whispered yelled cause it was late at night.

He stopped. I put my book bag back on my back correctly and managed to catch my balance. He began sniffing the air and his tongue flew out.