Chapter [6]

"No, what the hell?" My mother blurred out while the mysterious man kept a straight face. "What the hell? Why would you think that!" My mother basically shouted with her eyes closed.

"Despite the fact that she stole a shirt from Forever 21 a week ago. She shouldn't go to jail." The mysterious man said in a deep voice with a small smirk under.

"You stole!" My mom yelled at me, "No, of course not!" I tried to reason but it came back out as yelling.

"Yes you did. You stole a ripped black shirt that says Don't Care across of it." He said with a straight face and his blue eyes starring at me.

My mouth dropped open. How did he know about that?

"Wow, your very helpful stranger." I said with slight attitude. Nope, it was full attitude.

"Then don't lie." He said and fixed the crease in his pants.

Looking at my mom, glare holes into my face was possibly the scariest thing ever. I tired to ignore her but it was like Medusa luring me to look so I could be stoned.

"I'm sorry. I left my card at home and I really wanted the shirt." I said with a pleading voice.

"SO YOU STEAL IT! why didn't you just come home and get your card?!" My mom screamed at me.

Looking at Rocky for back up, he begins to walk up stairs, leaving me helpless.

"It was the last one and this group of girls were talking about getting it." I said looking at her with pleading eyes for her to stop yelling at me.

"Online."She threw her hands up and slammed it back down on her thighs.

"I didn't think of that." I said shaming myself for not thinking of that.

"Now that, that's over can we get back to the situation so I can go?" The mysterious man said once it got quiet.

"This conversation is so not over. Now sit down." She said patting next to her on the 3 seater couch.

"Yes Ma'am." I said sitting on the other couch across from her. I had a better chance of making out of here before she could grab me.

"Don't think I still can't choke you from over here." She said looking at me.

"I know." I said rubbing my throat.

"Okay. So this is Sage. Sage is a.. uh.. In my head this sounded easier to say." My mom stuttered to say, "I'm in the Mafia and your mother is also in the Mafia. You are a Junior Mafia league. You have been recruited to join our program to become apart of the Mafia. You can choose 2 other people to come with you into the program. Those 2 people will be your partner for the whole program. You won't have to worry about college or money. You will have everything you need. You have until the end of the week to have everything to be packed and your 2 other people and their stuff packed. Do you understand?" Sage said in the most straight face and non-face movement ever.

"Uh." My mother and I repeated at the same time.

"Do you understand?" Sage said looking at me with one eyebrow slightly raised.

"Yes and No." I said looking at my mom who sat there with her head down.

"Pick one. Im low on time. I need to go tell someone else too." He said clicking his silver watch on his wrist.

"Wait.. Is this a joke? My mom was not in the Mafia cause she would have told me and there is no such thing as a Junior Mafia League. It sounds as if you just made that up in your head." I said shaking my head in disbelief.