Chapter [4]

Feeling the relief off my side, I was woken to my phone buzzing off sending vibrations on my bed.

18- missed calls from Mom.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath.

Call, don't call or pretend I'm still sleep.

Sleep it is.

I got out the bed looking at the clock, 4:20.

"Great, ready for my job." I said standing up putting on my lousy uniform. I brushed my teeth and put my hair in the nicest bun possible. I grabbed my phone and walked outside to the burning heat.

I climbed in the car while desperately trying to cut the AC on. Backing back out the driveway and pulling out to see a moving truck 2 houses down from us.

Wonder who's moving in..

I began driving to my job at movie theaters. Pulling up in the back of the parking spaces. Climbing out I began sprinting to the back door already 20 minutes late. I typed the code in, slammed the door open and clocked in.

"Late again Autumn, I see." The voice that I was not ready for.

Turning out slowly, "I'm sorry. I'm having a bad day." I said under my voice while some stared at me. 

"We'll get your fucking life together." He said going back into his office and slamming the door.

I went to the ticket booth and typing my ID in. I sat down and rested my head for a second.

Why can't life be so simple.

"You alright?" Alex said, the only guy I might rarely talk too.

"Yeah." I said taking a breathe and lifting my head. "Just tired." 

I pushed my window open and threw on a fake smile.

"Welcome to the AMC, which movie would you like to see." I said and repeated again and again and again. For 4 hours.

Until I saw someone. Here comes the queen bitch, her posse and the football star and his posse with them.

Going to my station.

"Nice to see you again, not really I'm pretty sure your friend wouldn't say the thing. Since you know she's dead. Cause you killed her." She said whispering the last part.

Strangle that bitch! Kill her, the police isn't looking.. Chop her in the damn throat!

I smiled.

I looked behind her and noticed the line was long and by long I mean extremely long only because a new movie came out. I did the only thing that would make me happy. I closed the door and said,

"Back of the line. I'm on break." I said smiling and hopping out the seat shutting my computer down.

Alex with his perfect smile and jaw line smiled and had his hand up for an high five and I gave him the honor of giving him a high five. I walked on them storming into the building.

"You can't do that!" She screamed at me. Causing everyone to stop and turn around.

Only response I could think of, " I already did." I said throwing my hand up and shrugging.  I walked into the break room and realized I don't have any money or didn't bring my lunch.

I just sat down in the chair and put my head down. I only have a 15 minute break so mines well make the best of it. Alex came in laughing with one of his buddies.