Chapter [3]

**17 Years Old.

am I normal; no.
am I hurting; yes
do I let them see it; yes
why, because I'm human.

"Autumn wake up!" My mom screamed for the 8th time.

"Mom!" I whined and flip around like a seal trying to get out of the fish market.

I guess my mom heard my tantrum and came rushing to the room, I immediately jumped up and looked at least half awake before she came bursting through the door. I faked a smile 

"That's what I though." She said looking at me up and down. She stared at my cupcake shorts and my green t-shirt and shook her head. She closed the door behind her and I immediately dropped my head.

I picked my feet up, one by one to the door. I brushed past Rocky. I was glad Ms.Linsey let me keep Rocky but she also moved to Cali. He got up and stretched and would follow me everywhere I went. I walked to the bathroom and did the usual shower.

Wrapping the warm fuzzy blanket around my body and wiping the steam off the mirror. I screamed when I seen my reflection.

"Jesus." I said looking at myself.

"What happened!" My mom screeched from my wooden door.

"I saw my face!" I screamed back.

"Shut up!" She said walking past my door.

I smiled and brushed my teeth and wouldn't even try to bother with my hair I just raked it back. I walked out and trudged to my room with Rocky still by my side.

"Okay Autumn, first day of school. You finally have your abs, you're toned so what are we going to wear?" I said looking through my closet. I look at every Jean but pulled out some leggings, my pink sweatshirt and my converses.

 I look at every Jean but pulled out some leggings, my pink sweatshirt and my converses

"Looks about right." I said. I sat on the couch and grabbed my phone. I looked at the picture of Casey and I when we were little just minutes away from the accident. I breathed and just swiped typing in my password and saw me and Rocky at the park playing fetch. I smiled and went straight to Instagram.

For the next 20 minutes I sat in my towel and just scrolled through my feed.

"Autumn, you better be getting dressed!" My mom said.

"Yeah, I'm putting on my shoes now" I said looking at my converses across the room and my bare feet hitting the wood floor.

I heard my mom coming down the hall, I immediately ran to my drawers and pulled out some boy shorts and my pink sports bra. I heard the door rattle.

"MOM! I need my privacy.. I'm 17 now! PLEASE!" I screamed at the door.

"In other words you are not dressed." She chuckled from outside my door. I heard her footsteps fade away. I breathed out a heavy breath and finally decided to put my clothes on.