C h a p t e r 1

*Nagito's POV*

I think I finally did it. I think I've finally made everyone in school hate me.

It's not like I want them to hate me. It just happened, you know? I guess I'm really good at making people feel disgusted by me, even if I don't do it on purpose. But that's what trash does, right? Disgusts people.

I walk through the hallways with my head hung low, trying to avoid the eyes of the people I pass. I know that they are all flashing me filthy looks and laughing at me. I can hear them. No, I can feel them.

Of course it bothers me when others think of me as trash. I'm already self conscious enough. I don't need more people burying me with their insults.
"Hey, Nagito!" a voice calls. I keep my head low and continue walking, picking up my pace a bit. I don't feel like talking to anyone today, especially Fuyuhiko.

"Don't you fucking walk away when I'm talking to you," he growls. I hear his footsteps grow increasing loud until they can be heard right behind me.

Suddenly, I trip on what seemed like air, and fall clumsily to the ground. My notebooks and papers scatter across the floor, creating a minefield throughout the hallway. I can hear people stifling their laughs. Some students don't even try to hide it, and let their laughter echo through the school.

I turn to see what had caused me to fall, but it appears to be nothing. I didn't trip on anything. Someone had tripped me.

That's when I see Fuyuhiko standing on my shoelace.

"What are you doing?" I ask, worry in my voice.

"We're gonna have a little talk," Fuyuhiko says with a smile. My heart starts racing. I've been beaten up enough times to know what 'little talk' actually means.

Fuyuhiko begins to laugh. "Relax man. I ain't gonna beat you up."

"Really?" I ask. He wasn't going to beat me up? But he beats up everyone. And I mean everyone. I heard he got suspended for three months because he beat up a teacher who gave him a bad grade on a test. "Then what are we going to do?"

"Duh," Fuyuhiko says, holding his hand out to me. "We're gonna talk. Come on now Nagito. I know you're stupid, but you can't be that stupid."

"Right," I mumble, grabbing his hand. "So, what do you wanna talk about?"

Fuyuhiko spins me around and began pushing me down the hallway, not even giving me the chance to pick up my stuff. "Let's not talk here in front of everyone."

He shoves me towards a closet and opens the door.

"Get in," he commands. I look around at the closet. It's small and dark, cluttered with mops and cleaning supplies.

"Couldn't we just go into a classroom or-"

Without warning, he pushes me into the closet, my body knocking over a mop in the process. I fall onto the ground and bang my head off a shelf.

I roll over and look up at Fuyuhiko, who has a devilish smile on his face.
He shakes his head and chuckles. "Trash."

"Wait wait wait wait WAIT!" As I plead with him, struggling to get to my feet, he shuts the door to the closet. I hear a cacophony of shuffling and banging happening on the other side of it. I grab ahold of one of the shelves and pull myself up. Once up, I grab ahold of the door handle and try to pull the door open, but it doesn't budge. He's locked me in.

I pound my fists against the door. "SOMEONE HELP ME!" I shout. Who am I kidding? Everyone in this school hates me. They would never let me out of this closet.

Even so, I continue releasing my anger and fear in the door, pleading with whoever was on the other side to release me from this prison.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?

WHO'S GONNA FIND NAGITO IN THE CLOSET AND LET HIM OUT?

WILL HE ACTUALLY GET OUT?

WHEN IS THE AUTHOR GONNA STOP TALKING IN CAPS?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z TO FIND OUT!

~Izzy, the Sad Pretzel