Goodbye.

A/N:
Some parts of this chapter might be triggering or disturbing to some readers.
Please read at your own risk, thank you!

Rosalinda cried hysterically as she drove away from the building. She knew that Johnny wants her dead after seeing her with another man. By now, Johnny has to have figured out that she just used him for money and drugs. Him being a powerful drug cartel leader, she will get caught by him.
There's practically no way out.

For a moment, Rosalinda did start thinking about tipping him to the police, but that will just get her in trouble with the law. Not only did she become involved, but she did use illegal drugs. If she had to take a drug test, she will obviously come out as positive.
No second thoughts about it.
Maybe she could ask for forgiveness? Even though Johnny did coldly murder the man she was found with.
Not to mention, it was one of his workers and friends.

Rosalinda stopped at a small motel located away from Miami. She was able to take her purse which contained a couple hundred dollars. Enough to survive the next week or so.

The door is opened in the motel to show a very old and beaten room. The bed certainly contains bed bugs, the carpet hasn't been vacuumed in years, and the couch looks like it belongs in the 80s. Rosalinda cringes at the view, this does not compare to how where she's lived this past few weeks.

"Disgusting," she tiptoes and discretely places her expensive handbag on the sofa. Maggie just stands in the doorway and stares at her mother. Rosalinda turns around and rolls her eyes at her.

"Are you going to come in? I'll gladly leave you outside, you know?" She aggressively says trying to taking off her high heels. She takes off her jacket and turns on the television. Maggie walks inside and closes the door behind her, praying her mother won't snap at her.

She walks to the bed and starts taking off her shoes but, she is soon stopped by Rosalinda.
"No, that bed is for me," she points at her and Maggie just stand there.
Where am I supposed to sleep?
"You sleep on the couch," Maggie hesitates but makes her way to the hard, gray, and stained sofa.

She sits on it and looks at the ground, ashamed. Rosalinda turns off the light, only the TV is lighting up the room. Maggie looks up and sees her taking off her dress and is only wearing her undergarments. Rosalinda pulls up the duvet from the bed and tucks herself in.

Maggie starts to wonder why her mother won't let her sleep on the bed. Her mother is a pretty small woman and not the mention that Maggie is a 5-year-old. Both could clearly fit.
But she didn't know that her mother was trying to become less connected to Maggie.
She didn't want Maggie to continue to be dependent on her. Even if she IS a child.
Rosalinda was planning on leaving Maggie behind. Sadly, not because she wanted her to be safe from Johnny but, she needed the money. Enough money to escape Johnny and even start her own drug business. Though, she'll most likely won't succeed.

The next morning, Maggie was woken up by her mother screaming. She sits up quickly and looks at her mom. Rosalinda was stood up and jumping in disgust. Maggie sees her mother has red dots all over her body.

"Disgusting fucking bed! It has bed bugs!" Rosalinda runs to the restroom and locks herself in there. Maggie can't help but feel slightly glad that her mom got those bites. She believes it is some sort of revenge from what Rosalinda has put her through.
This is not Maggie.
Maggie had never thought so negatively, non the less, wished of her own mother getting hurt. She has always loved her mother even though she has damaged her.
She has changed.