Untouched Innocence

This may make some of you uncomfortable.
Please read at your own risk.

"Maggie?! Maggie, where are you?!"
Alex's voice bounced off the walls of the basement along with groaning from the other girls getting woken up.
Alex quickly got up on her feet, checked under the bed and proceeded to the restrooms, yet no sign of Maggie.

She quickly put on her slippers and ran up the stairs and banged on the door. Her face met with one of the guards but she just ran past him.
"Maggie?!" She yelled as she ran up and down the mansion.

She stopped by the living room when she ran out of breath. The guard tried to stop her from yelling and running, he even tried carrying her back to the basement but was unsuccessful.

"Where's Maggie?!" Alex yelled at the guard but before he could answer, he was interrupted by Manuel.
"What's with all this noise?!" He yelled at Alex but once she turned around, she saw Maggie standing right beside Manuel.
She ran up to her and picked her up.

"What did you do to her?" Alex was quick to question Manuel. He just chuckled.
"Nothing, why do you even ask?" Manuel asks before placing his cigar in between his teeth.

"Why was she with you? You most likely did something to her," Alex didn't answer his question.
"Ugh, it's only six in the morning, go back to bed or something." Manuel growls before walking his way back to his bedroom.

Alex, with Maggie in arms, walked back to the basement. She sat her on the bed.
"Are you okay?" Alex asked Maggie but the five-year-old only nodded and rubbed her eyes as she yawned.
"Does...does anything hurt?" Maggie laid down on the bed and nodded no.
Alex sighed in relief. She laid next to Maggie and hugged her.
Alex mentally made an oath to always protect Maggie, even if they did just meet. She considers her as her younger sister and feels the need to protect the younger ones in that horrible place.

•••

"7...8...9...10! Ready or not, here I come!" The girl yelled as she began to run around the garden. Maggie and a girl she just met, Lucy, were hiding behind a bush trying to contain the urge to giggle.

"She's getting close," Lucy whispered to Maggie. She just nodded and covered her face.

"Boo!" The girl jumped behind them, causing Maggie and Lucy to scream. After having that small heart attack, they all began to laugh.
"Awe! We lost!" Maggie whines as she gets up and goes back to 'base.'

"We should work more on being quiet!" Lucy giggles as they sit down on the grass.
"So, how old are you?" Lucy asks Maggie trying to continue a conversation.

Maggie holds up five fingers.
"Well, I'm 10!" Lucy puts up both her hands up showing her ten fingers.
Maggie smiles and nods. Then, she begins to think.

"Why are there so many girls here?" Lucy's face flushes at the question. She tries making out an answer but ends up just being silent. Yet, Maggie is still waiting for an answer.

"Well...um," Lucy tries to begin but finds it hard to let the words come out.
"You know how some girls get dressed up and put on makeup and leave?" Maggie just nods her head.
"Well, the girls go to this house and Manuel calls it "La Escuela." The five year old just looks at her confused.

"It means school in Spanish." Lucy gives her a small smile. Maggie's eyes lit up and she begins to jump up in down in excitement.
"I want to go to school!" Maggie says enthusiastically.