Chapter 7

Slight trigger warning guys sorry
Tyler's pov:
When it's about 10:00 I decide I should go and get ready for bed. Or, lying in bed on my phone until 3am.

I open my bedroom door only to discover that my amazing father has invited his friends over for poker. Again. By how late it is, I would say that they're about 4 bottles of beer in. Fuck.

I try to be quiet, but the hardwood floor is old and creaky. When he hears me, he yells "Tyler, get your pansy ass in here!"

I reluctantly walk into the living room to find that it is completely trashed. I'm going to have to clean this up tomorrow.

I'm still in my clothes from school, and he hates it when I dress feminine or differently from what he likes. And he hates what I'm wearing.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WEARING, BOY?! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT BEING A LITTLE FAGGOT?! TO NOT BE A LITTLE FAG!!" He stands up and stumbles towards me. Shit.

He grabs my arm and drags me closer to him only to shove me into the doorframe. I feel the wood dig into my back and skull as my head snaps backwards. He punches me in the eye and shoves me towards the hallway. I trip and fall, but I run into the bathroom and lock the door before he can get to me.

He yells a few more insults, but then he leaves to go back to poker. I know none of his friends will care. Not after what they all did to me 6 months ago. Not after....

The tears come, hot and sticky down my face. When will I get out of this hell. It's my fault. I provoke him by wearing what I want instead of what he wants. It's my fault. It's all my fault.

I get out a tiny plastic pencil box from under the sink. There's no pencils in it. Instead, there's blades of every shape and size rubbing against each other, glinting in the shitty lighting.

I take one out, my hands shaking. You can guess what happens next.

It'smyfault itsmyfault itsmyfault.

Author's note: This is no reflection on Tyler's real parents, I know that they're sweethearts, but this is just for the sake of the story.
♡ Alix