Chapter 8

Tyler's pov:
The next morning I wake up and feel pain everywhere. Then I remembered last night. Fuck. I rush to the bathroom to get ready early so I can leave.

When I get to the bathroom and turn on the light and look in the mirror, I gasp. I have a huge bruise around my eye that wraps around my head to my chin.

How am I going to cover this up? I start to panic. I take three deep breaths and look at my reflection, feeling the sudden urge to punch it.

Instead, I go get some clothes for me to wear and change. I wear a red beanie, black skinny jeans and a white tank top. Remembering last minute, I grab a sweater to cover up my wrists.

I grab my school bag and rush out the door before my dad wakes up.

I make my way to Starbucks (I know, classic white girl mode activated) and get some coffee to hopefully wake me up. I still have 30 minutes to waste before I have to get to hell. Sorry I meant school, stupid autocorrect.

I don't have a car, so I just waste some time at Starbucks before walking to school. When I get to my locker, I'm still 15 minutes early to class and I just go to the bathroom and look at my reflection.

I should have tried to cover it up with some of mom's makeup. Well, even if her skin was the same color as mine (she's pale af and I'm tanish so) it's too late now.

The warning bell rings, and I brace myself for hell.