(6)- The New Guy

Treat you better- Shawn Mendes

I love his new song!!! Also you will need to play it later in the chapter! Enjoy!!
--------------------
I finally decided a name for my puppy, Princess. I know, it's a classic name but she will be treated like a princess so why not just name her princess. The past few days I have been getting some of my memories back. Like some of the student from my school. Talking about school, the principal said that I can stay home for 2 weeks for recovery, which is a bonus.

I was on the couch watching some movies with Princess snuggling against me. Caspian got a few calls from some people wanting to check out the rooms since its been almost a week since we posted the fliers. Caspian was going to come to my house at 4:15 since he lives right next door and call them up to have appointments. It is 2:47 right now so I decided to get some food so I went in the kitchen with Princess trailing behind me. I added some dog food into her fancy dog bowl while I went and fetched some cereal for me.

After I finished my cereal, I went up my room to look for something to do. I went on my phone for a while but got bored. I looked over at my collection of books and I went over to pick one out to read. I stood in front of the bookshelf trying to decide on a book. I finally decided to read the first book of The Hunger Games. I kind of remember reading this but it looked like a really good book so I decided to re-read the book again. I went back to my bed and opened the first page and started my reading. After I finished chapter 6 of the book, the door bell rang and that was my sign that Caspian came back from school. I quickly ripped a piece of paper from my old note book and used it as a bookmark and set my book on my desk. I managed to dash down the stairs without falling to my death. As I reached the door, Princess was by the door barking. Princess never barks at the door when it's Caspian. I thought. I looked through the peep hole to make sure it's not a serial killer. It was a man, actually more like a boy around my age so I opened up the door as I held Princess in my arms.

"Hey. How are you Jess?" He said and gave me a wide smile. His hands were gripping on his backpack straps. He was wearing a pink kaki pants with a pair of squared patterned button up.

"Hi

"Hi... Do I know you?" I asked with a sly smile.

He shook his head and smiled,"I forgot." He mumbled,"I am one of your... friends you would say. Anyways, I'm Garrett and I was told to come here by Caspian, I'm one of his best friends."

I smiled and nodded politely at him and welcomed him in. He sat down at the kitchen stool as I set Princess on the floor. She ran to him and jumped at his feet wanting his attention.

"Sorry about her. She likes attention. Do you want anything to drink?" I asked looking through the refrigerator.

"She's alright and water would be fine thank you." He said petting Princess. He looked at the dog collar and smiled.