'Cheap Colonge'

The barn looked more raggedy than last time I was here. It's still gloomy from yesterday's storm. I land quietly on the cliff and sneak inside. No one's here... I think, relieved. I walk over to a wooden working desk and search the area. Erik stashed something sketchy I've here somewhere... I saw him.
     My finger touches something bulky from under blueprint papers. I brush them away and pick it up. A heavy metal sphere rolls around in my hand. I inspect it carefully.
     I turn around about to leave when I spot Magneto's helmet sitting suspiciously on a chair. I widen my eyes and try to sneak extra quietly out the door.
    I turn the corner to bump straight into Erik's buff chest. "Oof!" I yelp, scaring myself half to death. "Erik! What are you doing here?" I ask casually. I hide the orb behind me and cover it with my dark magic to avoid Erik's metal detection finding it.
   "More like what are you doing here. You were gone all day." He states suspiciously. I giggle falsely.
   "Uhm... I thought it was time to come back, but you weren't here...so..." I drift off and plaster a fake grin on my face. Erik eyes me carefully and eyes my hand behind my back. He instantly pulls the round orb to his hands with the shift of his hand.
    "Erik!" I yelp. He doesn't look down at the orb, but rather straight into my eyes.
    "(Y/N), let me explain. This is the key to ruling the world. With the activation of its core, the human race will be history. Just think of the power, (Y/N). It's everything we ever wanted." He says, enthusiastic about his plan- but in a solemn way... Of course.
    I nod, thinking about the throne. I shift and think about Charles. If I take this orb, I'll be forgiven by them... I can't risk my friendship, I think to myself.
    Erik eyes me carefully, noticing how I stare at the orb in his hands.
    "Where were you?" He asks seriously, still suspecting something. I switch my attention back to him.
    "I was uhm..." He sighs and looks me up and down.
    "You went back to Charles." He states, figuring it out. I don't look at him.
    "Well I-" He moves closer to me, making me stop. He leans back and makes a face.
    "What were you doing with Charles?" He talks faster. "I can smell his cheap cologne from here!" Erik never ceases to raise his voice.
    "Erik, you're the one who said you didn't need me." I hiss angrily. He steps closer to me.
   "I didn't say to snuggle with Charles!"  He yells. I make a fist at my side.
   "We didn't snuggle! Jesus Erik... It was nothing! I swear. Plus, why do you care?" I roll my eyes and walk away. "Unbelievable!" The wind fills the silence between us.
   He walks behind me and places his firm hands on my waist.
   "Erik get off of me." I grumble. I feel like melting when he places his lips on my neck. He kisses my jaw and whispers in my ear,
   "I'm afraid I can't do that." His soft broad voice makes me want all over him again. I turn around and look into his eyes. "I've missed you." His stone face shows just how much he means it. I nod and run my finger down his chest. As much as I didn't want to admit it,
   "I miss you too." His serious face never seems to escape him. Erik leans in, only to be robbed of his orb. I take off, flying away with a barrier around my body. He spins around and sticks his hand out, attempting to pull me back. Luckily, I was stronger than him, and my barrier granted me a chance to escape...