'Twist'

It's warm today. More sun and brightness to fill all the rooms with.
Erik said he had something to do today, so I invited Charles over for coffee.
Charles and I have a steady friendship. We're not overly close, but very good friends non-the-less.
I comb out my hair and fix my peach blouse. I wanna look nice, I haven't seen Charles in a while- that is, when we can just talk.

Ding dong!

I hurry downstairs and open the white door. Charles Xavier himself, with his wheelchair & bald head. I try to hide my laugh.
"Charles! T-that's a different look," I point out casually. He laughs and rests his arms on the sides of the wheelchair.
"I don't want to talk about it," he says bluntly. We laugh.
"Come on in," I say kindly. He rolls in and looks around.
"So this is the new place? It looks amazing, (Y/N)." He compliments. I spread my arms out,
"Yup, this is it," I answer anyway. We stroll over to a small table and some chairs. Charles manages to get himself on the chair without much trouble.
"How's Erik?" He asks curiously. I grin and pat his shoulder.
"He's great. Out of trouble and even talks about "settling down". Although, he isn't here right now. He said he'll be out for a while." I inform him. Charles turns to me with interest.
"Settling down? Like marriage?" He asks. I flush and stutter, imagining the idea.
"M-marriage? Uhm- I'm not sure..." I mumble. He glues a worried expression on his face.
"You... don't want to marry Erik?" He asks, clearly confused. I shake my head and look around.
"No! I do! Errr, uhm- I mean!" I flush embarrassingly. Charles puts a hand on my knee.
"It's alright, I get it. I'm just glad you're happy," he says while pouring sugar into his hot coffee.
"It's been a while since we talked. Ya know, about life." I say. He nods.
"Yes, way too long. This coffee is excellent by the way, where'd you get this?" We laugh and chat about coffee for a while.
          "May I get you some more?" I ask. Charles hands me his white mug,
           "Oh, absolutely," he replies amusingly. I giggle and take the mug.

           Setting the mug on the marble counter, I pour more hot coffee into it. Turning to Charles, I start heading over to the table. Suddenly a voice in my head...returns.

         "Will they take you away?" A little girl asks. Then a familiar voice replies; "Never." Then a scream and the familiar voice again,
         "IS THIS WHAT I AM!?!" 

         The mug slips out of my hands,  and crashes on the floor. Charles shouts my name and quickly stumbles into his wheelchair. Rolling over to me, he states at me. Startled, he shakes my arm and yells my name, hoping to snap me out of it.
         Inhaling heavily, my mind regains awareness of my surroundings. I see Charles next to me and look at him strangely. He's calling my name, but it seems a bit muffled. I close my eyes only to flash them open again.
          "(Y/N), are you alright? (Y/N)?" He's shouting. I stare at him blankly. Finally, I stumble back up with his help, watching my step for glass. Charles holds my arm, questionably making sure I'm awake for sure.
          "Charles. Charles, I'm fine, I t-think I just had a weird vision or something," I say. He squints his eyes in confusion. Just as I thought he would, he prepares to replay the vision.
          "May I?" He asks. Not saying anything, he presses two fingers on his temple. He reads my mind with a look of understanding. He looks away in some sort of grief.
          "What... was that?" I ask, out of breath. He shakes his head and directs me to the table. We sit down, ignoring the broken glass behind us.
            Charles puts a hand on top of mine for comfort. "(Y/N), what you saw, is something Erik never talks about. This is very important to him and I don't know how you are seeing it, but it's a source of pain for him. You... might've just seen a glimpse of his daughter's death," he says. He reads my face and allows me to take it all in.
          "...I... I knew he had a daughter... but I never knew she died. I thought they both left him..." I stutter in a great sense of grief. Charles rubs the top of my hand.
          "It all happened in a fire. Anya, his daughter, was stuck in the house. Erik tried to help, but without being able to reveal his powers, fire spread too fast. Erik got his revenge on the people who did it, using his powers. Magda thought of him as a monster. She didn't know of his powers, nor did she know he was willing to kill. Erik lost everything that night. Except for his risen ego... Magneto." He finishes.
        "He never told me that..." I say sadly. Charles nods, rubbing my hand.
        "He never told anyone," he says.
        Feeling this great pity for him, I start to cry. I didn't want to, not in front of Charles, but I couldn't help it...
         Charles wipes my tears with a napkin and puts a hand on the side of my face. "Don't worry. It's not like he doesn't trust you. He just isn't ready yet." He says. I nod and look at his face.

        Charles is right... He has to be...