Chapter Two

I work up and got dressed and walked downstairs and begun my homeschooling with Erica, she was happy that I had made a lot of progress. Now it was time for history.

"Now, Neferu-Re, last lesson we were talked about Emperor Nero, can you remember who was Emperor Nero's first wife" Erica asked, I had to think for a minute "Emperor Nero's first wife was called Octavia" I said. I finished my homeschooling at half past 4 and I ran up to my room and changed into my Sacajawea costume.

I made it to the Museum by 10 to 5, I walked through the revolving doors. I saw Cecil, Gus and Reginald, they told me about the magic of Ahkmanrah's tablet. I walked to the Hall of African mammals, suddenly the Lion and the Lionesses started moving, I held my hand out to the Lion, which started to walk towards me, the Lion allowed me to stroke his mane, therefore seeing me as no threat.

I walked around to the Native American exhibit, Sacajawea saw me and smile at me, I waved at her, she waved at me, "Are you related to me" she mouthed, I grinned and nodded. I couldn't believe that my ancestor was here and recognised me.

We communicated using sign language because of the glass, I soon left and went to explore, I soon ended up in the Egyptian hall, the tomb of Ahkmanrah, the Anubis statues didn't see me as a threat. Ahkmanrah was yelling and shaking his sarcophagus, trying to get out.

I walked up to the sarcophagus and put my hands on it "Ahkmanrah" I said, the shaking stopped "I'm getting you out of this sarcophagus tonight" I told him "Thank you" he rasped. The Anubis statues lifted the slab of the sarcophagus and I lifted the sarcophagus lid off. The mummy started to unwrap the bandages on it's head, Pharaoh Ahkmanrah coughed and I had to shield my eyes when he coughed out dust.

I looked at Pharaoh Ahkmanrah, he looked like 19 or 20. I knelt down in respect "Pharaoh Ahkmanrah..." I started but he held his hand up and said "rise my dear, there is no need to so formal" he said as he held his hand out, to help me up. I took hold of his hand and Ahkmanrah helped my gently to my feet.

I spent most of the night with Ahkmanrah, getting to know him, it was nearly sunrise, I walked him back to his tomb "Will I see you again my dear" Ahkmanrah asked, I grinned, "of course you will see me again my Pharaoh" I bowed slightly. The sun came up and I went home.