Chapter Three

Today I started my essay on Ancient Egypt that Erica told me to do. I borrowed Don's laptop and researched about farming in Ancient Egypt. I was looking for a useful sight when someone knocked on the door "Come in" I called, I turned around and saw Erica "i see that you are working on your essay" Erica said, I nodded, history was my favourite subject and Ancient Egypt was my favourite history topic.

After an hour I went to the Museum of Natural History, as usual. I walked in and saw Rebecca, "hey Becca, do you want to go to Starbucks and get a cappuccino" I asked, Rebecca nodded and we left.

We walked through the cold weather of Manhattan, holding cappuccinos, "hows your 900-page book on Sacajawea coming along" I asked, wait till I tell Sacajawea that she has an admirer, I repressed a laugh at the thought "well, I'm doing about her clothes, can I borrow yours" Rebecca said, I nodded, she knew that I had the exact same clothes as Sacajawea, my dear friend, Rebecca, is such a nerd when it comes to Sacajawea, even I'm not that obsessed with Ahkmanrah or his big brother, Kahmunrah.

For the rest of the day, before I went on Night guard duty, I spent time at Rebecca's because I wanted to find out more about my only blood relative that I know. I left Rebecca's and ran to the Museum, I didn't dress like Sacajawea this morning so I popped in to Erica's to get my costume.

I got changed into the toilets and put everything in my locker and locked it. I said bye to Cecil, Gus and Reginald as they left. I walked behind Sacajawea's exhibit and found a door, I smiled knowing that I would be able to speak with her. I opened it as the sun went down, I walked up behind Sacajawea and tapped her on the shoulder, she spun around, shocked, "there is a door at the back so you won't have to put up with Lewis and Clark arguing like a couple of children" I joked, "HEY" Lewis and Clark shouted in unison, my and Sacajawea just laughed at them, I pulled Lewis and Clark into a hug, which they gladly returned.

I walked through the halls with Sacajawea, as we walked past the Hall of African Mammals, we were joined by Horus the Lion, Sekhmet the Lioness and Kota the Cheetah, who had taken to protecting me, they realised that Sacajawea was related to me and they gave her the same protection.

"Sacajawea, how did you manage to lead Lewis and Clark across mountains and valleys with a new born baby on your back" I asked, she smiled, "i think it was just determination and the survival skills I learnt as a young child, the new born baby was mine daughter, Hathor, I don't know what happened to her" Sacajawea's voice cracked at the end, my heart broke for her, "Sacajawea, look at me, if you hadn't have used your survival skills to keep you and your daughter alive, I wouldn't be related to you. You are a strong and independent woman, your determination to keep a young child alive while leading Lewis and Clark across mountains and valleys has proved that" I said, "i agree" wait that was Larry's voice, I mentally groaned as I turned around.

I was face to face with Larry "how long have you known about what happens after sundown, Neferu-Re" Larry asked, I rolled my eyes "since I started working here last night" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. Larry looked shocked I was working at the age of twelve. "Who is this Lawrence" a man in some sort of naval uniform said, I did a double take, this was President Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States of America, "well Teddy, this is my daughter, Neferu-Re" Larry introduced us, I snorted, "If you're my father then why do you spend so much time your own son and hardly ever time with me" I said before running off, with Sacajawea, Horus, Sekhmet and Kota following me. Sunrise came soon enough. I made sure everyone was in their rightful place, "Neferu-Re, will I see you tonight" President Roosevelt asked, I nodded, saying "Yes President Roosevelt".