Part 1

"Emelia, we're going to be late!!" I heard Kaleb bark from the other room.

I ran from the kitchen into our bedroom.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!! Have you seen my ring? I swear I left it on the kitchen sink while doing dishes... Did it fall down the drain?" I asked panicking at the thought of losing something so valuable.

Kaleb frowned, as he walked into the kitchen to go look for the pretty diamond ring. It was a promise ring that Kaleb had given to me a few years back. Back when we were deeply in love if you could even call it love. He was the only guy I had ever been with. But I still had that gut feeling that what we were, wasn't love. I guess with all the pressure I had when he gave me the ring from my family and friends that I acted like I was in love, and maybe that wasn't the greatest decision.

"You set it on the kitchen table, Emelia." He said as he walked back into the room holding the sparkly ring.

"Oh, thank god" I sighed in relief.

"We have to go, or we will miss the dinner reservation. You have five minutes or I'll go without you." He snapped.

"Okay," I mumbled. Grabbing my shoes and placing them on. Him getting angry was normal, I just got used to it.

He had insisted that we went out for a romantic dinner. But you could really tell neither of us really wanted to go.

Sighing I looked at myself in the mirror one more time.

My chocolate brown hair was curled, and I had a thin layer of eyeliner around my blue eyes. I was wearing a black dress that came to just above my knees.

"Are you ready now?" He snapped.

"Yep" I mumbled, walking into the living room. He was standing there with a pissed off expression.

"Finally" He huffed grabbing the keys and storming out of the house.

I quickly followed behind him; not wanting to piss him off more.

After a short silent drive other than the sound of him humming, we were finally at the restaurant.

Making our way in, the waiter showed us to our table.

"What do you want?" He snapped.

"I was thinking about this really good pasta dish-" He had cut me off.

"How about a salad. You need to drop a few pounds, you're getting a little too thick." He chuckled.

I looked down at the table and sat silently. I knew I wasn't skin and bones, but I wasn't fat...

"Alright," I mumbled.

I didn't dare argue with him, knowing that he would get even angrier.

After the waiter took our order, Kaleb and I stared at each other in silence.

"I think you should go on a diet, Emelia," Kaleb said with a short look of disgust on his face.

"I think that would be up for me to decide. Not you." I calmly said.

"Well, you're my girlfriend and I don't want you to get fatter. So you need to go on a diet." He snapped.

"You can't tell me what to do Kaleb." I snapped back.

"Damn right I can" He snapped.

"Kaleb you're making a scene; please stop." I hissed.

"Not until you agree to go on a diet" He snapped.