10

Not edited homies!

"Miss Harper?", Daniel asked. His shoulders were not stiff anymore and his posture was free unlike his uptight and stubborn posture earlier this day.

"Yes, Mister Knight", I popped my tongue out and teased him a little for the name thing.

"Martin will first escort you to the hotel and if you want, he can come and drop you to the airport tomorrow as well", Daniel Knight said.

"You aren't coming till the hotel?", I involuntarily asked.

"I will, if that's what you want", Daniel smirked.

"Yes", I smiled genuinely. "I want that"

"Okay then", Daniel said. "I'll call Mart--"

"If I'm not wrong, my hotel is on just the next street", I said.

"Yes, yes it is", He frowned.

"Let's walk?", I asked. Daniel stared at me for a moment to check if I was serious, I nodded in reply to his blank doubtful stare.

"I dont--", Daniel began saying.

"Don't walk on the streets of New york at midnight?", I smiled. "You are sure missing out alot"

Daniel stared at me and then smiled. A genuine small smile. It wasn't the "I got psp for my 10th birthday" smile, it was the "Why haven't I ever thought of that before" smile.

"Do you.. walk on the streets at odd hours often?", Daniel asked and I chuckled.

"It freshens me up and clears my mind", I said. We were in sync. Our bodies were walking at the same speed. Our conversation was smooth. The world was silent. And only.. only two of us talking.

"Sounds rather dangerous. A girl walking alone without any instrument of defense is always an easy target for theft", He stated.

"I'm walking with the world's youngest billionaire whose car is driving right behind us with two bodyguards", I smirked.

"Well, just wanted to make sure it's safe!", He shrieked in defense and we laughed.

"Didn't you win the boxing championship of 2010?", I asked. I overheard Maddy talking about it with Rose.

"Yes I did. It was a long time ago. And the competition wasn't fair. So, yes I did win", Daniel said. "You don't seem like a fan, I'd go with stalker!"

"Girls at my school talk about you all the time", I stated.

"And I'm assuming you aren't one of those girls", Daniel laughed.

"That's right", I laughed.

"We've reached", Daniel said.

"Huh?", I asked.

"We've reached the hotel", Daniel gave a short funny laugh.

"Oh I'm sorry I did see. That was quick", I said.

"I guess we part ways here", Daniel said and my heart rate increased. "It'd be a lie if I said I did not have fun today"

"Same. I mean, yes, me too. Ditto", I rambled in nervousness and Daniel's smile showed up."I meant, yes I had fun too"

"It's okay to be nervous, Miss Harper", Daniel smirked. "I have that kind of effect on ladies"

"Of course", I laughed and then rolled eyes.

"Goodbye, Miss harper", Daniel said. I stared for his lips for a spilt second and then nervously looking back at him.

"How will we talk in future- I mean if you want to--", I asked.

"If we have anything to talk about, I'll find ways to contact you", Daniel smiled. And then his phone rang. "Sorry Miss Harper. I've got to take this one"

"It's okay", I smiled. "Bye, Daniel knight"

"Goodbye, Miss Harpe", He said about and then walked away. He walked for some time and then the car emerged. He stepped right into it, not even glancing back one last time.

I smiled at the memories of the last day and how happy I had felt after a long time. I matched the differences between our world's.

I kept smiling like a fool as I entered the lift and then walked down the aisle to my room. Without any mistakes, I entered my room any and then shut it close.

I looked at the mirror and thought if it was the same person who spent an entire day with Daniel knight. This was some dream because in real life I wouldn't even get 10 kilometres close to him and even if I did, I'd be too nervous to talk to him.

It took me 5 hour sleep and two strong cups of coffee to accept reality. I woke up with a small headache and glanced at my phone if I had any messages or calls from Daniel Knight or any unknown private number for that matter.

I packed my suitcase and took a long bath. Changing into new fresh clothes, I looked happier. I dried my hair and then straightened the edges. I dragged my bag outside and then left the hotel room.

"Want some help with the bags?", Will asked. He was wearing long, full sleeves black t shirt which gave justice to his half toned body.

"No, I got it", I winced as I dragged the small suitcase with the headache.

"You look a little--", Will looked at me and we both laughed.

"Sick? Sleepy? Jaundiced?", I asked and we both laughed again.

"I was going to say tired but if you think you are jaundiced", He chuckled.

I looked at my phone again. Just in case if Daniel had called.

Where I looked like I was eating breakfast in peace, I was actually going through a storm of thoughts every moment.

What if Daniel knight never calls?

And why would he?

He seemed very bust with other works and just a fake date with a lousy teenager is the last thing on his priorities list.

Maybe he won't call.

My heart sank as we got inside the bus to get to the airport. I looked outside the window. I felt uneasy when I passed the street where we had walked together. Was I even the same person I was yesterday?

"Your flight number is JA279", Our teacher said. "It departures from gate number 17. Get your boarding passes and meet me at 17"

We got down one by one. Passed the security, got a boarding pass and then sat in the plane.

The plane ride was rather boring. My phone died and battery backup was taking too long to charge.

When I got off the plane, I switched my phone on. I had two missed calls. One of my mom and other other of an unknown number. I called the unknown number.

"Hello", I said impatiently as the person took too long to pick up the call.

"Hello", A deep low voice said from the other side.

"Who's this?", I asked.

"I missed you too, Miss Harper"