YULTI [oneshot col.] 1

There's nothing wrong with having a date at home. They have picture windows and the view is always decent. They're sitting on the sofa, the one Yuri's parents don't need anymore. She borrowed her neighbor's truck, dragged the sofa out of her parents' house and placed it in the trunk. Tiffany's apartment was just a few minutes away. The sun was setting while she was on the road and now it's evening. She places an arm around Tiffany and pulls her closer.

"You sure you don't wanna watch a movie?" Tiffany asks.

Yuri shakes her head. "Do you?"

"I dunno. Your call."

Yuri smiles. "Well I say we stay like this a little while longer."

Tiffany nuzzles up to Yuri's neck. "A little while longer," she starts to whisper, "always means something's gonna happen."

Yuri doesn't reply.

Silence.

"I'm just kidding! Gosh, Yuri," Tiffany says, giggling.

"Hm, you hungry?"

"Why? Did you cook me something for today, too?"

Yuri removes her arm from around Tiffany and stands up. "No, but I have ice cream."

Tiffany plops herself down on the couch and stretches. "Eh, ice cream again?"

"If you don't want any-"

"No! I want some!"

Yuri laughs. "Okay. I'll be right back."

There's nothing wrong with ice cream for dinner.

"You know, Yuri, if we could afford liquid nitrogen we can make our own ice cream," Tiffany says.

"I don't love ice cream that much. I wouldn't wanna make it all the time," Yuri replies. She takes a spoonful of the chocolate ice cream and holds the spoon in front of Tiffany's mouth.

"So why do you buy it all the time? And why do we always eat it on dates?" Tiffany says. She opens her mouth afterward to accept the chocolate.

Yuri scratches her head while Tiffany chews. She smirks. "That's a really good question-"

"Ah! I know!" Tiffany places both hands on the table. "It's 'cause you think I'm sweet like ice cream, don't you?"

Yuri finishes another spoonful. "No, not really."

Tiffany frowns. "Why then?"

Yuri shrugs her shoulders. "Because it's yummy?"

After finishing the half-gallon of chocolate ice cream, they went out for a real dinner. Nothing fancy, just a walk-in deli with good coffee. Yuri offers her jacket, but Tiffany shakes her head.

"It's okay. It's not that cold."

"You sure?"

Tiffany nods. "The ice cream hasn't frozen my insides just yet," she jokes.

Yuri smiles.

They order and they're told to wait awhile.

Tiffany leans back on her chair. "You ever wonder what it'll be like if we had enough money to go to the city more often? Then we wouldn't be stuck here doing nothing all the time."