I'M BACK! [LongShot]

Ding dong.

"Coming!" a soft muffled voice came from within the apartment, followed by the sounds of hurried footsteps.

Yuri chuckled and waited patiently as she thumbed the handle on her luggage.

The door opened with a click and there she was.

"H-hi."

"Hello, Tiffany. How have you been?"

"I'm good, I guess?" she replied, pushing her glasses back up the bridge of her nose.

The black-rimmed glasses felt much too big for her petite face and loose strands of hair framed her face from both sides while a messy ponytail completed the image of Tiffany Hwang, exactly as Yuri has remembered since their high school days.

She was dressed in a grey, oversized shirt that revealed one of her shoulders and her fair skin. Glimpses of her white shorts were seen underneath the shirt that went all the way to her thighs. Yuri was also very amused by the cute and fluffy pink bedroom slippers she was wearing.

So adorable.

"Let me help you with your stuff," Tiffany said.

"No, it's okay. I got them."

"No, no, let me help," Tiffany insisted.

Yuri couldn't help letting out a smile as she watched Tiffany struggled to bring her huge black luggage into the house.

Always so helpful.

Yuri looked around the apartment. It wasn't too big but it was cozy and big enough for two.

A couch sat in the living room, facing the television while a coffee table cluttered with books stood between them. A small, square dining table for four occupied the space between the living room and the kitchen, which consisted of a moderate-sized fridge, a stove, sink and kitchen counters lined with containers of chips, cookies and cooking ingredients like spices.

A corridor by the kitchen led to what seemed to be the bedrooms and shared bathroom.

Tiffany emerged from the room on the right, looking flustered and breathless.

Effortlessly beautiful.

"This is your room and mine is just across from yours," she said.

"Thanks. You have a nice and cozy apartment."

"Sorry about the mess though. When I study, I tend to leave my books all over the place. I'll try to tidy them though," she said as she scratched her head absentmindedly.

Other than the books on the coffee table, there were a few bookcases in the house; two in the living room, one in the corridor to their rooms and probably more in Tiffany's room.

Intellectual charms.

"So, umm..." Tiffany looked around awkwardly, "please make yourself at home."

"I will. Thanks," Yuri replied with a smile.

This should be fun, she thought.

**

Flashback

Yuri sat panting at one of the benches along the covered walkway to the school canteen, her trusty but worn out basketball sitting beside her.

She unscrewed the cap from her water bottle and took a long, hearty drink, as she was very thirsty after a long basketball practice in preparation for the final leg of the competition next month.