Chapter Twenty-Eight

"You have a problem

"You have a problem. Addictions are not a joke, they can be dangerous," I said sternly, my arms crossed over my chest in an authoritative manner.

Remus looked at me guiltily, his arms piled high with chocolate bars. He looked down at them and slowly took one more from a shelf in Honeydukes, eyeing me the whole time as if he was afraid I would scold him for it.

I chuckled at the look on his face. "So... got to refill your secret stash that Peter is never able to find when he goes looking for a midnight snack?"

"Maybe," Remus replied evasively.

The wonderful thing about Honeydukes Sweet Shop was the delicious fragrance that filled it. It smelled of all different types of candies and the scent that seemed to linger in the air permanently was very welcoming.

I walked over to the section where all the chocolate bars were, which was Remus's favourite corner of the shop. My fingers trailed over the chocolate bars; I had never realized how many different types there were, from sea salt and toffee to orange-flavoured. I preferred traditional milk chocolate to all the others, such as mint or almond chocolate.

"Do you use magic to hide them, or have you simply got a hole in the floor under your bed that has been left unnoticed by everyone?" I asked Remus.

He pursed his lips and remained silent.

"Come on, Remus, you can tell me," I said. "It's not like I'll tell the others. I'm trustworthy, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say that."

"Fine... keep this to yourself, all right?" he said quietly.

I nodded, patting him on the arm. "Of course I will. Otherwise, your chocolate will start going missing whenever you look for it, and no one likes a chocolate-deprived Remus Lupin."

"Thanks, Bianca, that means a lot," he said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

"Anytime. Now tell me, I'm curious."

Remus looked around the sweet shop, his eyes searching for our other friends. Peter was weaving in and out of aisles, bouncing around excitedly, occasionally stopping to grab sweets from certain shelves. James and Sirius were joking around with each other. Neither one of the three boys was listening in on our conversation.

"I use a spell to shrink the chocolate bars down and then I hide them under my bed, pretty much in plain sight. One day, I'm certain that Peter will sniff them out while he's in rat form and find them there, but until then, I'm sure they're safe." He gave me a light smile before looking at me pointedly. "Don't go stealing my chocolate now."