Chapter 49

Ally's POV

Soon after Camila said her speech, it was time to go home. The two of us, Normani, Dinah, and Lauren began to walk to the car when Liam walked up to us. "Hi girls. Hi Lauren," he smiled specifically at Lauren, which I knew wasn't a good sign. "Hi," she smiled back at him. "I was just wondering if you'd like to go out sometime?" Liam asked a little nervously. "Sure, of course, just let me know when," she flashed him her signature smile that killed me every time.

Jealousy came over me immediately. I wanted to be the one going out with Lauren. I wanted to make her feel special. I wanted to be the one to make her smile. However, I realized that this would never happen, so I should just not mention it at all and pretend I was happy for her.

"Ally?" Normani shook me out of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I asked. "Are you alright?" Normani questioned. I nodded, yet she clearly didn't believe me as she hugged me tightly. "Don't worry, they won't last, okay? Lauren doesn't look at him the same way she looks at you. Just wait a bit, she needs to realize her feelings for you," my best friend whispered in my ear. "Thanks Mani," I kissed her cheek. With that, we went back to the car where Camila, Dinah, and Lauren were waiting for us.

"Where were you girls?" Lauren asked, looking at me with her piercing green eyes that brought a slight blush to my cheeks every time she looked at me. "The bathroom, sorry about that," Normani lied. "It's all good, but I'm tired let's go home," Camila piped in. We all got into to the car, Lauren driving, Camila in shot gun, then Dinah, Normani, and I in the back. I leaned my head on the window sill and let my eyes rest for the ride back to Lauren and Camila's house.

Quickly enough, we got to the house. When we did, I went straight up to the bedroom that the Cabello Jauregui's were letting me stay in and got into my pajamas. I still felt out of place living in someone else's home, yet I would take it any day over going back to live with my parents.

Knocking came from the door as I finished getting changed. "Come in," I called, causing the door to open and Lauren to walk in. "Hey," she gave me a shy smile, "Are you feeling any better?" "I don't know," I shrugged as I put my other clothes away. I didn't want to talk about this because I knew I'd end up getting mad at her for going on a date with Liam.

"May I know what happened with Troy?" Lauren asked after a few minutes of silence. Tears immediately came to my eyes at the mention of his name. Lauren came up to me immediately and wrapped her arms around me. I leaned my head on her shoulder and replied softly, "He texted me that he's glad I'm a lesbian. Do you know why? He sent me that because me liking girls means that he can break up with me. He said he never even liked me anyways, that the only reason he started going out with me and being my friend in general was because he felt sorry for me, and in reality he couldn't care less about me. I don't want to date him or anything, but he was my best friend since we were in third grade. I thought he actually cared about me."

Lauren took me to the bed and sat us both down. "I want you to listen to me okay?" Lauren told me, so I nodded before she continued, "It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks about you. They're not you, you're you, and you need to learn to love yourself. The sooner you learn to love yourself the sooner you'll be happy and nothing will tear you down anymore." "You should really listen to your own advice," I commented. "We're not talking about me now are we? We're talking about you. I want you to be okay," she said.

Her beautiful green eyes were staring into mine for the whole time. However, for just a moment, they darted down to my lips, then looked back at my eyes. The next thing I knew, Lauren's soft and gentle lips were on mine. I was shocked at first yet quickly began to kiss back. I closed my eyes and smiled halfway through the kiss. For the first time in a really long time, I finally felt at peace. I finally felt like not everybody hated me. I finally felt like the voices were wrong. I finally felt happy.