The Tip of the Ice Berg

Arabella's POV

"I can't believe it, I just can't, she was such a bright and happy person," I said, my nose red and my eyes filled with tears. I couldn't stand being at school, her funeral was only yesterday but I just didn't really process the fact I will never see her again. I ran to our secret hiding spot under a tree at the back of a garden. I sat there sobbing with my hands covering my face, when suddenly I spot a note from the corner of my eye, it was handwritten and decorated with different colours.

Dear Arabella,

You were one of my best friends, of all this time that I have been on this planet, you have been there to guide and support me, you are always there when there is a problem and you always make me laugh when I though I never would. Unfortunately, I could not handle life on this earth any longer. Baby Bella and I are now happy in Heaven. I hope you keep us in your prayers. I have hidden some of my greatest memories and most treasured belongings in certain places, it may take some time to find them or you might find them in the next 2 days but whenever you do, they will always remind you of the wonderful time I had on this Earth.

I'll see you in heaven,

Love Kem <3

That is so like her trying to make a mystery to cheer me up. I am still extremely upset but I am definitely determined to find those memories and make Kem happy.

The next day at school I was very depressed, I see Leo and Jess talking but I think I should leave them to it, so instead I approach Kane who was standing in the hallway next to the Labs.

"Hey," I say in grief.

"Hi," he replies with, not seeming too happy either. All of a sudden my mood changes.

"I can't believe you did that!" I said enraged.

"What did I do???" He said, very confused.

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" This time my voice was raised.

"No I truly don't, what did I do?" He looked worried.

"You got Kemberly pregnant! You bastard! That's the worst thing you could possibly do to someone at that age! You're 18! You shouldn't have done that! You are crazy! What was going through your mind? All the stress that caused her to commit suicide was because of you! You thoughtless imbecile!" I say trying not to raise my voice and starting to cry again.

"WHAT?!" he says confused. "I DIDN'T KNOW THAT, WE WERE JUST HAVING SOME FUN!" He says starting to stress. I storm off towards PE. I can't even look at him. Why didn't she tell me? I bet Leo knew. I was her best friend. Why didn't she trust me?

Leo's POV

I feel really bad about dissing Jessie. She was really close to Kem as well. But she's so URGH! I better apologise. I walked into the white hallway filled with grey lockers and spotted her. Holding her books close to her face, she looked like she had been crying.

"Jessie, can we talk?" I approached her.

"Why? You already hurt me," she turned and started to walk away.

"I'm sorry," I said grabbing her shoulder. She sighed and walked off. "Wait!" I called after her.

"No! You completely offended me and now you just expect me to forgive you. Well No!" She kept walking.

"Look I was a jerk. I'm sorry." I kept up with her.

"What do you want me to do?" She complained.

"What was the last thing she said to you?" I asked.

"Why?" She stopped and looked up at me. I am over 6 feet yet she is just 5 feet.

"I am making a memorial video for her," I said.

"That's sweet, um the last thing she told me..."

"It can be the last conversation you had with her if that makes it easier,"

"Yeah well she had just told Kane about the baby,"

"What baby?" I questioned confusedly.

"Oh you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Kem was pregnant when she jumped,"

"What?"

"Yeah, she wanted it to a girl so she could call her Bella."

*bells ring*

She then ran off down the hall towards the library. I have PE next so I can't chase her but I'll talk to her later. No I'll talk to Kane. Why didn't he tell me? He knew this whole time and he didn't even mention it. Arabella probably knew too. I thought I was close to her but I guess she didn't see it that way.

AN

So yeah sorry it's late I am really busy with school as the term is ending soon. I have rehearsals and a high tea and assignments as well as reports coming out soon. Not to mention parent & teacher interviews.