Ch. 3

"I always manage to come in minutes or even seconds after you leave the building." Jesper commented, after ordering a cappuccino with extra cream.
He stared down at it, stirring it with a tiny spoon.
Wylan stayed quiet, unsure of what to say.
"It's great to finally meet you," Jesper looked up, and at that very moment, a 70's style ballad started playing. It fit the mood perfectly, as it was talking about being a cool-looking guy and what not.
"So," Jesper smiled softly. "What do you do for a living?"
Wylan hesitated. "I'm the son of a rich businessman, I have no need for extra money."
"Ah..." Jesper's smile faded slightly. "I thought, since..." His silver eyes shifted to Wylan's bony, bruised hands and slightly dirtied sweater. "Nevermind."
"What do you work in?" The freckled boy asked, holding his coffee with both hands, taking a sip.
"I..." Jesper smiled, a soft laugh escaping his lips. "I work as a waiter here and as a bartender at the bar around the corner."
Wylan nodded curtly, as he was trying to keep his answers short and polite.
Jesper's eyes traveled around Wylan's face, memorizing it, and around the table, where they located Wylan's compositions.
"Is this yours? I mean, did you write this?" The chocolate boy asked, his dimples getting deeper as he smiled and held up the music sheet.
Wylan nodded once again, blushing slightly at how absolutely hot Jesper looked while staring with awe at the freckled boy's creation.
"It's good."
"Thank you, I got inspired by everyday sounds."
Jesper tilted his head and furrowed his brows, silently asking.
"Everything has a rhythm, some people just don't notice it."