Chapter Five

Your eyes are telling me liar liar liar, don't lie to me

Yoongi was muttering to himself angrily. He had got stuck with sharing a room with him. Jungkook felt guilty that the older had to share his personal space but Jin hyung had persisted and well it was Jin's house after all. Anyone could see he was annoyed. He entered the room without a word carrying spare pillows and a blanket. He placed them on the floor beside the bed with his bag. Taking out a toothbrush he rushed into the bathroom to avoid the awkwardness. When he re-entered Yoongi had changed and was laid across his mattress. Jungkook copied him and laid down on the ground bringing a rabbit teddy, snuggling into both it and the blanket. Yoongi frowned at him, probably wondering why he had a teddy at his age. He didn't care though. It was the only thing he had from her. The older turned away without a word and soft snores soon filled the silence. Jungkook was distressed through the night. He would wake in a sweat in and out of nightmares. Each one similar and exhausting as the last. He stumbled to the bathroom taking the blanket and teddy with him. Laying down in the bath he sighed in content. The coldness felt nice against his burning skin. He found himself drifting back into darkness. He was jolted awake by a shout he recognised as Jin's boyfriend Namjoon. Jin and Yoongi both rushed in to help with what they thought was wrong. Jungkook kept his head down not wanting to see their reactions. How would he explain? Jin stepped closer to him patting him on the arm gently, "Kookie? Why are you in the bath?" Jungkook played with his fingers and stuttered his reply, "I-I was too w-warm and the bath was c-cold. I'm s-sorry hyung." Jin could sense that he was lying but didn't say so out loud and Jungkook was grateful. He gave him a look to say they would talk about it later when they would be alone. Jungkook could see the frown on Namjoon and Yoongi. Jin ushered them out, "Okay time for breakfast. Come down when you're ready Kookie." He was left alone and he felt himself shiver a sign to get out of the bath.