Chapter Fourteen

Everything about you is perfect.

Jin sighed in frustration, "Yoongi! Shut up and listen for a few minutes

Jin sighed in frustration, "Yoongi! Shut up and listen for a few minutes." Jungkook pulled away from the hug his hands shaking. Jin took his hand, "It's okay. It's not your fault." Yoongi growled almost, "You know this isn't helping your case." Jungkook stepped between them, "My sister committed suicide." Jin's eyes widened, "Jungkook?" Jungkook bit his lip, "Can we talk properly? All four of us. I have explaining to do."
He stood before the three males anxiously. Jin watched him with worry, Namjoon with confusion and Yoongi well he was still silently fuming. He took a deep breath,  "My parents are what you call high standard. Everything must be perfect. That was my sister. Straight A's all her school life. Top in sports. Never missed a note on the piano. She was kind hearted and loyal and beautiful inside and out. Everyone adored her. She was my best friend. But I could never be like her. No matter how hard I tried to please them. This made me unworthy of their attention and practically worthless. I turned to music. Specifically dance. It was my escape, even just for a little while. My sister saw me dance once and encouraged me to continue. Came to all my shows. My parents found out and for a while everything was okay. I was winning at something. However it wasn't a realistic career option. High school came for me. During this I reached the understanding that I am gay. I never had interest in girls. I only found males attractive. I didn't hide my sexuality. It was a part of me. My parents heard about this too. My mom couldn't look at me. Freak of nature they said. That's when she came in. Told them in that case we were a bloody circus because she liked girls and boys. I had given her the courage to stand up and free herself she said. They turned it on me. Said it was my fault. I had passed on my disease to their precious baby girl. I was shipped here in hopes to be cured. Four weeks into my trip I received a letter. It was blotchy and the words wobbly. I knew immediately something was wrong. So I opened it. I remember each word.

Dear baby brother,
I'm sorry I never got to finish that song with you. I know that you can for me. You were always better at forming words. I tried hard you know. You were the only person who truly understood me. Those nights you'd bring coffee because I would stay up late studying for tests the next day. You would sit with me sipping your chocolate milk which I guess for you was like coffee. You'd remind me to take breaks, to eat something and to give my brain a chance to recharge. You're my baby brother, my best friend. You gave me courage to be who I am, to open up the real me. But I can't do it anymore. The pressure to be perfect is weighing on me like a dark cloud constantly. So this is a goodbye. Please don't ever forget me and remember there is always someone willing to listen. You just have to look harder.
사랑해 (Salanghae)
     - Your big sister -