Chapter Ten

Open my closed heart,
drench my heart

Jungkook woke up to an empty space beside him

Jungkook woke up to an empty space beside him. He guessed the older had returned to his studio. Looking around he spotted Jin in the kitchen preparing dinner. He walked towards him offering help. Jin smiled and handed him a knife, "Here you can chop the vegetables." While he was working he sang quietly to himself. It was a song he wrote with her one he hasn't sang in a long time. Jin tilted his head in question, "What song is that, that you're singing?" Jungkook hadn't realised Jin was listening to him sing. His cheeks flushed, "Oh it's um called Nothing Like Us." Jin thought to himself that he didn't recognise the name. Jungkook stuttered, "It's not a known song." Yoongi entered the kitchen, "He means it's an original Jin." Jin let out an oh before smiling, "Well either way you should sing more. You've an amazing voice." Jungkook cheeks seemed to become more pink. Yoongi nodded at him, "Jin is right. In fact if it's okay with you Jungkook I think I found what's missing for my piece and I need your help." Jungkook nodded shyly, "Yes hyung. What do you need?" Yoongi pulled him towards the studio, "Your voice." Jungkook frowned, "Can I ask what it is I'm singing?" Yoongi once again placed the headphones over his ears, "It's a song I'm working on, Hold Me Tight. I've been working on it for weeks but there was always something missing. Your voice to harmonise with parts of the song." Jungkook listened to the song play and was amazed at the intensity of each line. He could feel the meaning of the lyrics spouted in a fast rap.

Namjoon entered the kitchen to see Jin smiling to himself, "Where's everyone

Namjoon entered the kitchen to see Jin smiling to himself, "Where's everyone. Where's Jungkook?" Jin grinned, "Studio with Yoongi." Namjoon frowned, "Bu he never lets anyone in ----- oh." Jin chuckled as Namjoon realised the unsaid meaning. Namjoon watched his boyfriend in amusement, "What are you up to this time? Are you playing Cupid again?" Jin shook his head still smiling, "I don't need to. They're good for each other."