Chapter 3

EricaPOV (Future)

I was walking down the halls of the school. Knocking on the students doors, making sure they were up and ready for the day. I stopped when I saw the door to Eve's room was left wide open. Stepping inside I found her still in her pajamas sitting by her window, looking out with a frown on her face.

"Darling, what's with the long face?" I asked.

Eve turned to me and her frown turned to a pout. I sat next her and she looked back out the window.

"The man that was floating outside my window. The one with the magic. He hasn't come back." Eve said sadly.

Erik. She's upset about Erik. It's been a week since that happened and I thought she'd forget all about it. I place a hand on her shoulder and sigh.

"You've only seen him once, Eve. No need to get upset over someone you don't know."

I take her hands and pull her away from the window so she can start to get dressed for the school day. Eve chooses to wear a dress that had flowers placed all over it. She sits down on her bed as I tend to her hair, putting it in two pony tails. I smile down at her.

"There we go. My beautiful girl." I say softly, while pushing a stray brown and silver lock of hair behind her ear.

"Is what the floating man said true Mama? Is Papa not my real papa?" Eve asked as she looked up at me

"Is what the floating man said true Mama? Is Papa not my real papa?" Eve asked as she looked up at me. I cup her face softly in my hands

"I will explain everything to you one day. I promise. But know this; Charles is your father. He loves you and was there with us through everything. That man outside your window wasn't." I said.

She nods her head. Taking my hand I lead her to her first class. Students in the hall say hello as we make our way to the stairs.

"Do you think he'll come back?" Eve asked.

"Yes. I do." I say.

Of course he'll come back, at some random point in time. And this time I'll be the one he sees from the window. We get to her class room door. I bend down and she places a kiss on my cheek.

"And when he does come back...me and him are gonna have a talk." I add before lightly pushing her inside so she wouldn't be late. I place my hands on my hips.

Oh, we'll be having a talk alright.

(A/N: This chapter was pretty short. Next one will be longer! But I will warn you that it'll get sad towards the end of it.)