Chapter 7: The Sit-Down [Logan]

It had taken me a while to calm her down, but just keeping her close until she dozed off kept my wolf in check.

I had seen to it she was tucked safely in her room before I made my way to Devin's bedside, glaring him down and knowing he wouldn't dare look me in the eye.

"You know she didn't send him here, so why say it?" I barked, watching the other figures in the room flinch at my tone. Devin, however, seemed shaken the worst.

"I didn't mean to.. it... it just slipped out, okay?! And how do we know she isn't plotting with him-"

He may have been hurt, but that didn't stop me from grabbing him by the throat and bringing him to my face, "She. Doesn't. Belong. To Him." The tension was growing by the second, so I quickly dropped him back on the mattress and ran a hand through my hair with a sigh.

"Logan, I know you think she's your mate, but your wolf isn't exactly being helpful. Don't go flipping out like she is."

He was right. My wolf had been drawn to her, but we weren't aware as to why. He had mentioned that she may or may not be our mate, but since even he wasn't sure it made him as useless as I was with this situation.

My gaze shot back to Richard, "Don't think I forgot about that mental comment you made either. Something about taking her as your mate when I find out she isn't mine?" I growled, and Richard laughed and quickly put his hands up, "I was kidding. Though I'm pretty sure she likes me a little more than you-" I snapped in his direction and he quickly shut up.

Damn, I love being Alpha sometimes.