Chapter Six

My eyes flew open and I sat up, turning in the direction of my alarm clock. It read 4:17PM. Had I really slept that late into the day? I didn't get to sleep until sunrise, after all, but I didn't think I would sleep until this hour.

     I looked around me and the previous events of last night flooded in my mind. I rubbed my forehead and bit my lip. Alex is most likely still mad at me. I didn't have his phone number, or address, or even his last name, though. There was no way I could contact him and work things out.

     Due to what happened last night, I hadn't taken a shower like I originally planned. Letting out a sigh, I tucked a strand of matted hair behind my ear. Yeah. A shower sounded good right  now.

     Scrambling out of bed, I made my way out of my bedroom and across the hall to the bathroom.

     About fifteen minutes later, I emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me, feeling as refreshed as ever. 

     Stepping into my bedroom, I closed and locked the door behind me. As I did, I heard the familiar tune of my cell phone going off. I walked over to my desk and checked the caller ID before reluctantly answering it.

     "Hey Lena!" Lindsey screamed from the other end. I let out a loud sigh and let go of my towel, letting it drop to the floor. I might as well put some clothes on while she grills me for information. It was only a matter of seconds before she demanded I tell her what happened last night with Alex.

     "Hey, Lindsey," I replied, not sounding as excited as she.

     "How'd last night go? I wanna' hear everything, no leaving out the juicy details!" she chimed, causing me to roll my eyes. I made my way over to my dresser and slipped on clean underwear. 

     "I'd rather leave out everything," I responded, and pulled the phone away from my ear to put it on speaker phone. Putting on a bra was going to be an impossible task if I had to do it one-handed. She let out a joyous cackle from the other end that echoed through my room as I slipped on a bra.

     "Lena, come on, it couldn't have been that bad. Tell me, is it official now?"

     "Is what official?" I asked, turning toward my closet to look for an outfit for the day.

     "Do you have a boyfriend now?" The moment the word boyfriend hit my ears, my eyes shot back to the phone. No, I didn't have a boyfriend. That last boyfriend I had was sophomore year, and that didn't end too well. He cheated on me with my best friend.

     "No, Lindsey. Things didn't get that personal," I answered, and heard her sigh.

     "Damn. That's too bad. How personal did they get?" she teased, causing me to roll my eyes once again. If Lindsey wanted information, there was no way of keeping it from her. That's just how she was.

     "They didn't get personal at all. We're just friends, nothing more," and I immediately started to doubt my own answer. Were Alex and I even friends? If anything, I'd assume we were acquaintances. At this point, I'm sure he didn't even want to be that much.

     Lindsey tssk'ed on the other end. "That's too bad, Lena. You could use a boy toy. You're too lonely," she said and I sighed. As annoying as her prodding was, she was right. I was too lonely.

     "Hey, how about you come with me tonight!" she practically yelled, causing me to jump as I pulled a pair of jeans on. 

     "Come with you where?" I questioned, fearing the answer.

     "Jonathan is having a party. Sort of an end-of-the-year, graduation party thingy. You should definitely come with me!" I could practically hear the excitement radiating off of her voice. I had never been the party type before, though. The only alcohol I ever drank was every Christmas when my father would allow me to have a sip from his glass of wine.