Chapter Twenty-Five

"Get her out of here," Charlie said, and I realized he wasn't talking about me. I glanced behind him and saw Jack pulling Summer out of the barn by her arm, her eyes locked on me the entire time. Once she was out of sight, I let out a shaky breath. I still didn't feel safe, though. Two vampires were out of the way, but there were still two more eyeing me.

     I kept my hand over my nose and didn't dare move it. "Stop looking at me like that," I said, staring at Charlie. If I wasn't mistaken, I could've sworn he was resisting the urge to lick his lips. 

     "Sorry," he breathed. He moved his eyes down my body, then back up to my face. "Does anything feel broken?" I went to switch hands so I could push myself up with my left arm while still keeping my nose covered, but it wouldn't move. My entire left arm felt numb.

     "What," I breathed, trying to wiggle my fingers. They just barely moved.

     "Christ," Charlie whispered, and looked back at Kyle. "Come here," he said to the other vampire. Kyle walked over to us and knelt down, looking at me.

     "What?" he asked. Charlie looked down at my left arm, then back at Kyle.

     "I think her shoulder is dislocated." My eyes went wide and I stared down at my arm, ignoring my nose and placing my hand on my shoulder.

     "Ouch. Does it hurt?" Kyle asked. I looked at him and didn't want to answer. For all I knew, these guys enjoyed seeing me in pain. But I, on the other hand, was not enjoying it at all, so I might as well cooperate.

     "I can't feel it," I said, my voice small. "I can't even move it." Kyle pursed his lips and looked at Charlie.

     "What should we do?" Kyle asked. Charlie let out a sigh and ran his hand through his long hair, the dusting of freckles on his nose crinkling as he twisted his lips.

     "We have to relocate it." My eyes widened even more and I pressed my body harder against the barn wall.

     "The hell you are," I said, looking back and forth between them. "You'll break my damn arm." Kyle smirked at me.

     "It's no secret Alex smacked you around a few times. You've been taking beatings from vampires for a good week now, and you're worried about a dislocated shoulder?" He continued smirking, clearly amused with my reaction.

     "Alex never dislocated my shoulder. I don't trust any of you to touch me again," I said, my voice edged with frustration. It was Charlie's turn to look amused.

     "Not that I blame you. But you can't walk around with a dislocated shoulder." 

     "And when have I been walking around? I was knocked unconscious for hours, then tied to a chair. I don't think a dislocated shoulder will affect my sitting abilities." I was starting to become more annoyed and angry. They're planning to kill me, why would they care if I'm comfortable or not?

     "Your father was just as stubborn," Kyle said. I moved my gaze over to him, slowly.

     "Don't speak about my father. Ever." He raised his hands in defense and looked away. Charlie reached out and turned my face back towards him by my chin. I quickly pulled away.

     "It's going to start hurting sooner or later," he said. I stared at him and blinked.

     "I don't care," I said between clenched teeth. Kyle smirked and stood up.

     "Fine," he said, and walked away. I could hear Jack and Summer yelling at each other as Kyle walked through the barn door.

     "Stop being so stubborn," Charlie said, directing my attention back to him.