Twirling Tattoo Ch. 22

Chapter 22

"Wait...you had a transforming cat?" Finn asked mildly astonished and I nodded.

"It surprised me too. You should have seen this guy's face though. It was worth it just to see him gap like a fish," I replied and grinned at him. Law glared me for a moment before he rolled his eyes.

"At least I didn't look like that when she asked to see her older brother," he retorted and I smiled at him.

"Older brother?" the doctor cut in and my smile disappeared.

"Yes. He was the cat that been abused to death. I had buried him," I sighed.

"Where's my brother?" the small girl meowed and I blinked.

"Brother?" I asked and Liana nodded.

"He was with me when you found me. You took him away though. Where is he?" she explained and I winced.

"He's...on a trip for me. I had to send him to find some things for me," I lied and she nodded.

"Phyralis will come back soon then. He's very good at finding things," she informed me and my blood ran cold.

"Did he ever talk about me?" I questioned and she grinned at me.

"He liked you a lot! He would go on and on about you and then he would get all quiet and think about your way of ruling the world. He really wanted that to happen," she nodded and hugged me.

"I...I see," I murmured and I started crying. Lawrence had gone to go get Tynan and I had been left alone with her to wait.

"You could have told me the truth," she wiped my eyes and I started at her. "I know that my brother was dead. Just because I look young doesn't mean that I am." She smiled at me sadly and I smiled slowly back. My tears dried up with her help and I was able to talk to her about where I was going. By the time Tynan got there, we were discussing ways to make sure the merpeople didn't start a war. We had a couple of good ideas that wouldn't go over well with anyone else but that didn't appear to matter much.

"Liana! What news do you bring?" Tynan asked practically breaking down the door and hugged the small dragon.

"Phyralis is dead," she got to the point and he stared at her for a long moment.

"Who?" He questioned and she nodded at me.

"It was a kitchen boy that she killed during her defensive attack when Princess Dalia tried to kill the Princes. We've gotten our revenge from the same person who he admired so much," she answered and directed a smile at me.

"Why were both of you here in the first place?" I asked curiously and she winced.

"We were spying on you," she admitted and I stared at her.

"For what?" I managed to get out and she blushed a bright red.

"To see if you would be a good queen for our king," she mumbled and I turned on Tynan with a fury.

"You got Phyralis killed because you wanted to marry me?" I interrogated in a soft voice.

"I needed to know," he replied defensively and I glared at him.

"You're planning on taking over the world with me at your side?" my voice was getting softer and I was getting angrier as the feelings of resentment and betrayal started to fester.

"No!" He tried to deny but I already had my bag. Grabbing Lawrence, I jumped out of the second story window and let my tattoos take care of the rest. I put him in the seat that my tattoos made for him and my markings' wing span grew longer. He down at me mildly startled.

"That might not have been a good idea," he informed me and I glared at him.

"Neither was bringing you along but I had to take a representative of the land countries," I retorted and he snorted.

"Well aren't we happy," he muttered and I frowned.

"He got somebody killed for me! I refuse to take that kind of insult," I roared and he sniggered.

"Insult? If anything he was trying to compliment you. He wants to marry you," he responded mildly and I frowned.

"I don't need to get married. I have my dances and that's enough for me," I muttered and he stayed quiet. It wasn't a long flight to the ocean but it did seem to take a much longer time then the original travel time. Lawrence didn't agree with me. He was too busy having fun to notice the time.

"I wish I could fly like this," he said from above me and I rolled my eyes.

"If humans needed wings then you'd have them," I replied still miffed at his conclusion.

"What are shoulder blades for then?" he retorted and a startled laugh came out of my throat.

"To keep your skin on and to move your arms," I said and he grinned.

"That's just what doctors want you to think," he smiled.

"If you say so," I snorted and landed gently on the sand.

"The sea's really beautiful this time of year," he noticed and I shrugged. It didn't look any different to me. Walking to where my feet were in the water, I bowed low to its currents.

"I humbly request to have a visit with the King of the Ocean," I announced in a low voice knowing that it would be pointless to speak any louder. A huge wave rushed up and crashed before me making the water level rise to my shoulders and to Law's torso. When it receded, Keresha stood there looking insanely happy.

"You came! My king was having trouble getting away from all of his duties. How long will you be staying?" she asked rushing to hug me and I hugged her back.

"I don't know. May I bring the representative of the land with me?" I questioned and she looked him over.

"This isn't your prince," she said baffled and nodded.

"This is the Arctic Prince. He's here to represent the humans on their behalf," I smoothed over and she nodded.

"You're going to need one if you're going to stop the takeover," she agreed seriously and I stared at her.

"Why else would you come?" she asked answering the unspoken question and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I had just hoped that it wouldn't be this," I replied and she nodded.

"My king wasn't expecting to do this until he heard about the way you defended your princes," she said and I sighed.

"Defend one and get a war," I told her bitterly and she smiled wanly at me.

"Then stop it," Lawrence said stepping up beside me and we got ready to go.

Author's note: Thanks for your support and don't forget to vote and comment!