Chapter 3

Cassandre POV 

I wake up happily this morning. Wanna know why ? Wellll ... It's finally friday which means it's club night. We planned on going to the Club called "La barge" with Alex and Cara after our shift. 

Two days have passed since I saw Jake and his gang and nothing happened so I decided to let it go and to keep on living. 

I get out of my room and head for the kitchen. Derek is leaning on the counter already dressed and texting someone on his phone. I walk to the fridge to pour myself a glass of juice. I notice that Derek didn't notice me so I decide to take him off his thoughts. 

" Hello Big Bro' ! Who is the lucky girl whose getting all your intention ? Because it surely isn't me !" I say with a small smile. He looks at me and seems to not understand whatever I mean. I point to the phone and he replies : 

" Oh no sis' ! Don't worry. It's just work ! Don't you know you are the only woman in my life ?" 

I laugh at that. He puts his phone in his pocket and face me. 

" You going out tonight ?" 

I can see his concerned look. I can sense the over protective/ bodyguard Derek coming. I put my now finished glass in the sink. 

" Yeah with Alex and Cara. Don't wait up." I look back at him only to saw that he frowned his eyebrows as if he was going to scowld me. 

" Look Derek ! I'm trying to live a little and honestly you could use the fun too ! You work too much. Why don't you come with us ?" I look deep in his eyes and I know I a going to go through an interrogation before he lets me go. 

" Just you girls ? "

" No Louis is coming with us." 

" Where you going ?"

" La barge, I think"

"Will you drink ?"

" Only water" I answer with a sarcastic tone " I like the concerned Derek but you are not my dad. I am off age in my country and I can take care of myself so just chill, okay ? Seriously I feel as if I am in a police station !!" I finish waving my hand in the air in exasperation.

" Well, I care about you. If anathing is wrong you call me and I will be there in seconds. Okay ?" I nod seeing that he will not leave alone if I don't agree to his terms. " Good. Now go get ready. I walk with you to work before leaving ! " He kisses me on the cheek and go in the living room. 

I go to my room and get ready. I stuff my stuff in a small purse to be able to go the club right after. I chose a skinny jean with a black shirt with sequins on it and black heels that are comfy despite the tall heel. I stuff my cigarette in my purse so Derek won't see them. I love him but damn he will freak he is knows I smoke. Thirty minutes later, we are off . 

Jake POV 

Two days since I have seen Cassie and I can't get her out of my head. Usually, I am amazed if I can remember the girl name 10 minutes after I meet her. But Cassie is different. She has no idea who I am and I kinda like that. After all, How could she know she is french. 

I am sitted at my desk going through the file I got from her yesterday. I re-read it again and again. 

Cassandre, red- haired, green eyes.  Daughter of Cecile Gareau and unknown father. No brother and sister known off. 

Passion : reading, horseriding and cooking 

Currently finishing a culinary school to open her future restaurant. 

Favorite Flower : white peanies

Favorite color : purple. 

I go through all the file for the tenth time and go over the information that I already know by heart. I want to learn all of these things from her. Hearing all of her life story. I look at the picture again and watch her perfect red hair shining because of the sun. I sent Tyler to watch over her. He reports to me every now and then giving e more information about what she does and what she likes to do. 

He told me this morning that he saw Derek leave with. Which means I am going to have a little conversation with him. She's mine. And as his leader, he will have to let her go. I will speak to him tonight. Right now, I sent him and Chris to get a man who owes me a lot of money and that I intend to get back tonight. 

The door of my desk opens and nate appears through it. He looks at me and then points to his watch. It's time to get ready. I get up and walk up the stairs to my room. My house is a two stairs. On the ground floor is the kitchen, living room and entry. There is also the dining room and the control room with the surveillance system. Up the stairs, on the first floor, there are the rooms of the boys (Each has his own bathroom) and my office. Finally, on the second floor, is my room. 

I walk over to my closet and pick out a suit. White shirt, black pants and black jacket. No tie and the two first button are open. I up my sleeves to my elbows and take a look at myself in the mirror.I then go to the bathroom to put on some perfume. I get out, go to my cupboard and pickout the gun from a drawer. I grab my jacket and walk down the stairs. Nate is already waiting for me downstairs. 

He suited up me and like every friday. Friday night is the one I go to my club in town "Crystal". It's one of my legit business because I need a few. I call out five of my guys and we start going to the cars. Me and Nate in one and the guys in another. 

One we enter the club, we go straight to our area with is on a top floor. This gives me a unique view of what's going on in my club. It's crowded as it should be. A waitress brings me my drink and I look over at the people dancing. I turn my head and spot Tyler coming my way. I turn around to face him and almost scream at him : 

" What the hell are you doing here ?? You are supposed to be watching her ! I didn't tell you to stop !" I finish grabbing his collar. I am angry as hell for two reasons. First because she is somewhere in town maybe kissing and being with some other guy and two because he didn't follow orders. 

He hold his hand in surrender and stutter by telling me : 

"I a-am watching her boss. She's here." He points to a girls whith red hair smilling and dancing on the dance floor. I loosen my grip and lean onto the bar of the balcony to watch at her wiggling to the music and smiling. She take a shot, then another and her hair are flipping around her head. I smile a little and take a glance at Tyler who is adjusting his shirt. I give him an apologettic look and go back to my previous position. 

A few minutes later, Nate comes to me and tells me that Derek and Chris are back with our man. I slid my jacket on and button it. I tell Tyler to stay and watch her but he is already doing it. I stare at her one last time before going out through the door and into a dark alley.