Chp 6

The next day went in a blurr. Zahen woke up and went with his daily routine, going to office attending meetings and all, it was at around 6:30 in the evening when he was typing something on his laptop, saabir entered his cabin in haste..
" Ohhoo Walekum assalam to you too saabir " zahen said glaring at saabir.
"that is not funny zen.." saabir said with a straight face. Zahen could not understand what was going in Saabir's mind for he was acting as if zahen had done something wrong
"what brings you here my dear brother..?" zahen asked
"Baba just now called me..zen..!! "
zahen at once was on alert " what happend? Is everything fine..?"
"Seriously zen how could you forget.. You had to call daniz today bro..!" saabir said annoyed now. But he was more annoyed when zahen did not react." I know I have to call her.. But in the evening.. Its Jussss..!!! "zahen said looking at his watch " 6:30 ALREADY..!! Oh my allah..! I didn't even realize..! Now what will I say her..!! Heck what Will she thínk about me that I am so irresponsible..! " zahen murmured.. Pacing in his cabin,His one hand on his head, other on his waist.
"calm down zen!! No worries just call her up and apologize.! Simple..!"
Saabir said leaning  on zahen's work table with his legs crossed and With his ofwhite coat hanging in his hand, and other loosening his tie.
"yeah..! Ill tell her I was stuck in meeting..?"zahen said
"no zen..! No lying.. Its the first time you will talk to her and you want to start it with a lie..! Not happening and I have told you before that giving excuses is also a kind of lie..! So be honest to her, for a firm relationship starts with a firm base and that is by trusting and being honest to each other.." saabir completed his ' elder brother ' mode onn..!
"oh..ohk ill just call up and apologize." zahen said scratching the back of his neck
Zahen started typing on his phone when he stopped,glaring at saabir.
"what..?" saabir asked holding up both his hands
"I am going to call now, soo Umm you may leave "zahen said
At this Saabir grind.. "oh so you mean you need PRIVACY " saabir said in sing song way..receiving a death glare from zahen...
"I wonder what are you going to talk to her that you need me to leave.." Saabir said grinning..
"SAABIR ..!! Please.You.May.Leave." If glares could kill saabir would have been six feet under the ground.
"Woho bro chill..! I am leaving .. And I will make sure no one intervens your privacy" saabir said with a wink.
With that saabir left giving zahen a last look.
Never in his life zahen had Got nervous to make a phone Call. He had this thíng in his head,about what she must be Thinking, what she will think of him after the call and the most bothering thought was if she'll accept him wholeheartedly. And his nervousness went onto overdrive, because it was imran bhai on conference with them.
Taking  a deep breath zahen made the call.  it was imran bhai to receive the call first.
"Assalam u alaikum zahen, took  you too long..!" imran said.
"Walekum assalam imran Bhai, and I apologize for the delay." zahen replied in a formal tone.
"I guess nervousness was at the best." imran said with a chuckle. The moment he had completed the third receiver received the call.
For a whole second daniz didnt say a word.
"ammm.. Assalam u alaikum " came her fragile voice. As if the time had stopped for zahen, he had never heard such a gentle salam, with so much innocence so much delicacy in it, his heart had already started beating Hard.
"Walekum assalam " he replied with ever so calm voice.
"Walekum assalam sister!!! "came Imran's chirpy voice from the third side.
"so ammm.. how are you..? " zahen asked
"alhumdulillah i am good, how are you..?"
'never better ' was all he wanted to say but He said otherwise "alhumdulillah i am fine." this was followed by a sudden silence, both zahen and daniz secretly blushing, it was the first time they were talking and if daniz was pathetically nervous it would be an understatement. She had heard zahen's reply and the moment she heard his voice her heart took a leap. On the other end zahen was trying to arrange his thoughts for he dont wanted to sound impatient.
"Will the two of you even speak? " came the chaperons (Imran ) voice.
"ahh yeah..! Amm..!"zahen uttered trying to make a meaningful statement.
"haha.. You two will be the most boring couples in future.." imran said with a chuckle. Daniz could not take this. She would not allow Imran to make fun of their soon to be sacred relationship,so she spoke up. " Ofcourse, for the tag of most cheesiest couples is taken by you and your beloved.!" she ended with a sarcastic remark. Knowing it was a warning imran asked them to take their time.
"Amm so daniz what is your field of study?" zahen inquired. This was the first time he addressed her with her name and it rolled out soo smoothly.
"Amm alhumdulillah i am a bachelor of Management studies and Insha Allah will preapare for entrance this year."-D
"oh masha Allah thats great."-Z
"Amm and what was your field.?"-D
"well I am an engineer..! But I also look after Baba's company.. " -Z
"oh masha Allah..!" -D
It was time for zahen to touch the most important topic.. He took a deep breath and started.
"daniz i hope you know why I have called you.?" -Z
"Amm yeah." daniz replied in a whisper
"Our parents want us to spend our life together, so Amm i wanted to know what you think "zahen completed
By this time daniz's heart was beating fast, he wanted to know her answer, she was nervous, she was getting chills, her hands ran cold, she could not speak, for she had got numb. She took a deep breath collecting her thoughts.
"alhumdulillah,i have already given my answer to your family and its a yes."
A silent alhumdulillah came out of zahen's lips.
"I wanted to ask you, if you are willingly taking this decision or are you under pressure, because if you are please you don't have to do this, just tell me..!" zahen was afraid of this question but He had to know her opinions.
"I am willingly taking my decision..amm can I ask you the same question..?"
At this a smile appeared on zahen's lips, she cared for his opinion, she wanted to know if he was fine with it.
" alhumdulillah i am Happy with my decision." he said with a smile. Daniz knew he was saying the truth, because his happiness had came out in his words.! She smiled " Amm i guess I should end  the call now, Barak Allahu feek " and Thats how she ended the call.
"Amm zahen..? "came Imran's voice.
"ye..yes imran bhai." coming out of his thoughts.
"alhumdulillah. I am glad we choose you and I hope you will keep her happy. And jazak Allah! For asking her opinion. It really means a lot."
" wa antum fa jazaku mullahu kahir bhai."
"so I guess now I will see you around quite often.. Till then allah hafiz "
"haha.. Inshah allah you will and allah hafiz."
With that they ended the call.
Zahen was still looking at his cell, smiling like anything, he just wanted to scream with happiness for his happiness was on his way.
On the other hand daniz could not stop herself from blushing,his simple gesture to know her opinions was itself a respecting thíng and she could not help but raise her hands in dua thanking her lord for such a gift. And with That the two of them thanked their lord for each other. With the most adorable smile and glow on their faces.

/---------
A/N
'so guyz i just loved this chp.. 'so i hope u all like it too, insha Allah nxt chp will be up soon till then keep smiling, do vote, comment and share this story
Fi aman illah..!