Chp 9

It was the third week of june and the Hussain and Abrar family had no time to relax. Only three more days were left until the engagement day.
The engagement was planned  to be a descent affair, with lots of people (note the sarcasm).
Their family had a different way of engagement ceremony.
It would start as first the grooms family (except the groom ) would go to the brides house with lots of gifts, jewelries, treats,etc. The eldest women will officially ask for the girls hand in marriage for the boy and then after agreement they will give the girl or bride the gifts, then the girls mother will give all the ladies dresses, sweets,etc. The same will be done on the other day, but this time the brides family will go to groom's house.
Although it was a classic tradition and both daniz and zahen were asked if they wanted a proper ring ceremony, but both of them stuck to the old way as it was very much halal, and was also a right way.

Zahen was sitting in his office completing his work. Both zahen and saabir had decided to take a half day and would leave around two o'clock for engagement shopping, picking zaid in between from his college. It was half past one and zahen's work was done, he packed up and thought to spend some time with his brother.
On his way he stopped to take some coffee for him and saabir. While waiting for his order 'his mind drifted to daniz, he wanted to gift her something from himself, it would be his engagement gift for her. He had several things in mind which she would love to have and so he decided to buy her gift today itself.
Picking his coffee he haded to the fifteenth floor where Saabir's cabin was. In between replying to the greetings to his staff members. He was about to knock on Saabir's door. Yes..! Although they were brothers they respected each others privacy and would knock and enter the cabin,although saabir would sometimes forget his eticates, they had this unsaid rule of doing so.
Zahen heard saabir talking on the phone. It was a normal thing but the tone in which saabir was talking was not. His voice was thick and panicked. Zahen was again about to enter when "I.SAID.NO. You wont say zahen about it anything..!! Did you hear me..! I said I will arrange it for you..! Dont you drag him in this..!! I hope I am clear.." 'his voice was strong. Zahen could imaging Saabir's eyes red, hair out of place, and jaw clenched. It must be something serious for saabir was a very peaceful man to be so angry. And learning that whatever the problem was saabir was hiding it from zahen made his heart drop..! Didnt saabir trust him..! Or worst it was something he wanted to hide from zahen for his life..! As he realized saabir was no more on call, he took a deep breath and entered the cabin only to find an empty chair and lots of papers Flying in the air. Zahen looked around and found saabir in his balcony, his blazer was lying on the floor, his back to zahen, shoulders slumped and his head in his hand.
Zahen went inside without making any noise and stood beside Saabir placing a supportive hand on his shoulder.
Saabir jerked suddenly, started with the presence of someone beside him.
"zahen!! When did you come..? " he looked more panicked like he dont wanted zahen to be in the room ( Ofcourse he dont wanted )
"just now.!. When I came you were not in the office so I thought to check the balcony..!"was zahen's reply giving saabir a hint that he didn't hear him talking on call.
"oh..! Ammm ohk..! " saabir said moving a hand on his now messed hair something he does when he is stressed
"Here take, this will help you relax" zahen said handing saabir his coffee and both the brothers stood in silence their eyes resting on the bustling streets and mind in their own webs.
"Amm.. Saabir..! " zahen said eyes fixed on the view ahead.
"Hmmm..! "
"Is there something I Should know but  is Unknown to me..! "
Saabir let out a sigh, "I know you heard it.. "He faced zahen but lowered his gaze.
Zahen knew it was not the right time to talk about it.
"lets save it for next time,we should be leaving.. Zaid must be waiting for us " he gestured towards the door, saabir bent down to pick his blazer and was heading towards the door when..
"saabir " zahen called him out, in a sharp tone making him halt in his steps.
"whatever it is.. You know that we are more than brothers, friends..you are everthing to me and whatever that damn thing is , I know you can handle it and I am there by your side to support you. And have trust in Allah everything will be fine.inshah Allah.
saabir stood there for a little more while zahen patted his back and left.
-----------------
Zahen, saabir and zaid were sitting in the car. Zahen was driving and silence had wrapped the whole atmosphere in the car. Poor zaid was still trying to figure out what was happening and why were they all so quite. Normally when they would go out they would listen to songs would make jokes and sing along with the songs. And by sensing the thick aura Zahen knew what he had to do to destress saabir, so he took a quick turn and parked in front of a restaurant.
Zaid and saabir both giving him a questioning look.
Saabir raised his eyebrows as if questioning him what was wrong.
"ammm..!  As I can sense that today we aall are  tired and none of us is in a shopping mood soooo..! Lets have lunch together and head to moms place it's been a while since we met her " zahen smiled at his brother and both of them smiled back secretly thanking Allah  to cut this shopping trip for today.
--------------------------
A/N
So guyz updating after long time... Actually I ws very busy with my life ill try to update soon inshah Allah.. Do vote, comment and share this book as much as you can..!till thn
Fi Aman illah! :)