One Night Stand? More Like Nine Months Chapter 5

(Chapter Five)

“Mom! Dad! I’ll be home later.” I yelled as I made to the front door.

“Tell Alex I said to have his mother call me.” My mom yelled back to me as I walked out of the house. I waved a hand over my head to let her know that I heard her as I shut the door and made my way to the idling car.

“Hey.” I said getting into the car.

“Ready to go?” Alex asked taking the car out of park.

“Yep.” I huffed out and put on my seat belt. After Alex and I had out little heart to heart I made an appointment for Saturday. Alex shook his head and drove off. The ride was quiet.

“Uh…how’s the band?” I asked at a red light. Alex drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

“I’m guessing you’re asking about how they are taking the pregnancy. They’re fine. They think I’m stupid and say that they are here for us.” Alex said pressing on the gas.

“Oh…well that’s nice of them.” I was shocked; I thought of all people that the band would be the most pissed off about it.

“Yeah. Is this it?” Alex asked pulling into the parking lot of my doctors’ office.

“Yeah, why?” I asked taking off my seat belt.

“Jack goes here. Did you know his dad works here?” Alex said turning off the car and getting out. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car too.

“That’s cool.” I said walking with him to the entrance. Alex opened the door for me and I walked inside. “Thanks. You can go sit down; I’m going to sign in.” I left Alex in the sitting area and walked up to the front desk.

“Hi, how can I help?” The secretary asked from behind the glass window.

“Hi, I have an appointment at eleven. My name is Jennifer Reyes.” I said politely.

“Okay, sign in and we will call you when we are ready.” She said handing me a clip board through the slit between the glass and the counter. I signed in and passed it back to her. “Okay, you can go have a seat.” I smiled at her and walked over to Alex who was reading a magazine.

“What are you going to do about Warp Tour?” I asked sitting down next to him. He put down the magazine and turned to me.

“Well, we don’t start till the middle of next month so we don’t have to worry about it just yet. And when it does come up I’ll think of something to tell Matt, our manager.” Alex said, “Don’t worry, I got this under control.” He said with a smile. I smiled back and started biting my lip.

“I swear if our kid bites their lip as much as you I will go crazy.” Alex said shaking his head with a smile.

I stopped. “Sorry, it’s a bad habit.” I said with a shrug.

“Jennifer Reyes.” The nurse called my name.

“Come on.” I said getting up and walking to the waiting nurse with Alex by my side.

“Hello. How have you been, Miss Reyes?”  The nurse asked as we followed her to the back room.

“Fine, thank you.”

“Alright, if I can have you stand on the scale, please.” I handed Alex my bag and stood on the scale. She moved the little meter so it would balance. She got it to balance out and wrote down my weight. “Okay. Follow me.” She said looking up from my file with a smile. I got off the scale and started behind the nurse. She stopped in front of a door and opened it for us. “If you two will wait inside, your doctor will be with you shortly.”  She said letting us step inside the room. Once inside she let the door shut behind us.