9

I slept over Chris's house since he wanted to have a sleep over. We had just finished eating breakfeast and I wanted to tell him about what I heard yesterday but I didn't know if I should. But on the other hand I do want a second opinion because maybe I was just tripping.

"Chris-mas?!"

"Yeah." I follow his voice into the kitchen and he stand in front of the island on his phone

"I heard something yesterday." I play with my fingers because I'm kind of anxious

"No one was in my room last night so It must've been-"

"UHM I meant at the baby shower boy." he was still typing away on his phone

"Oh yeah that's what I meant too continue."

"Sure sure, anyways...I came out of the bathroom and I heard Corie and Ashonti talking."

"Curiosity kills the cat."

"Chris!"

"Alright."

"Anyways I don't think August is the real baby's father."

He stops and looks up slowly at me"Of course he is."

"No no no you see. I didn't really think much of it until I heard Corie say she was going to name him Corie Jr."

"Damn Mia. Ion know what to say to be real with you."

"If I found out Corie cheated it's over."

~~

I felt bad about yesterday so I called August and asked where Ashonti would be. He told me she was still over there locked in a room. I took it upon myself to drive over there along with Chris. He was just tagging along though to talk to August I guess that was one of his closest friends.

We get there and August let's us in. I give him a quick hello hug and him and Chris do that hand thing. "I think she's awak now. It's the door by the bathroom." I nod it was the room I heard her and Corie talking in last night.

I knock and after about five seconds a voice says "c'mon."

I open it slowly. "Hey."

"..."

"I just wanted to say sorry about yesterday. I saw the note and I feel bad about it."

"I have half a mind to believe you did it."

"Wait what?" I furrow my eyebrows and go into defense mode

"It did have your name on it. And the same paper paper and I didn't see your so called present."

"Are you seriously blaming me. Chris AND Genesis told you. How dare you?!"

"Mia I obviously can't trust anyone anymore okay. So I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt."

"Okay. I think I should go." I turn and trip over something I bend down and pick it up. It was a empty Bud Light bottle

"Mia..it's not what it looks like...it was just one drink." I look at her she did look a little buzzed

"What the fuck are you thinking?! You're pregnant!"

"Ssh please. You can't tell anyone especially not August."

"What do you mean can't tell August?! I can't let you do this to him or yourself he cares too much." I gripped the bottle tight getting more and more upset by the minute "How could you be so selfish?!"

"Please don't tell August I won't do it anymore. I'll do anything just please don't tell him."

"Get dressed."

"What?"

"Get dressed now go." she got up at my word grabbed some clothes and made her way to the bathroom and I stuffed the bottle into my purse.

----

After she gets dressed she follows me down the steps. And I mumble play along.

"Where are you two going?" August and Chris's attention turn to us

"Im taking her to the store. Just for clothes of something." I say

"Oh really?" August says surprised

"Yep we'll see you guys in a few." Ashonti says fake smiling

"Okay then." they turn back around and unpause their game

I sigh they bought it.

Me and Ashonti get in the car.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there." I mumble

I was taking her to the hospital. I didn't know if she was going to trip or not so I didn't tell her.

"What are we doing here? They're going to take it away from me." she holds her stomach

"No it was an accident you accidentally consumed alcohol and now you need help to make sure it won't happen again. They won't take away your baby I swear."

~~

We get back home but stop by charollete russe just to say we got something. The doctors gave her something that absorbed the alcohol before a large amount could actually reach the baby and something else to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

It was kinda nice going shopping with her. Although she is a lying backstabbing bitch that slept with my boyfriend and is lying to us all. But for now Ima look past it because I want to address Corie first better yet catch them in the act..just gotta figure out how. And better yet tell Gen I just don't want her to go all psycho you know.

"M you ready to go?" Chris asks stretching

"Yeah we can go."

Ashonti disappears upstairs. And August comes over to give me a hug. A tight one like usual and Chris stands behind him and looks at me while sipping his invisible tea and I roll my eyes.

"See you later August."

"Yeah. See you."

~

"I know you aint go shopping with that homewrecker." Chris starts as soon as we get in the car

"Yeah I did."

She might be a homewrecker but I made a promise.

"Mmhm. Something seems fishy and it ain't just you."

I roll my eyes "Boy do not do me."

He laughs

~~

I got something coming up for yall man and yall don't even know. :)