Tristan's POV

One moment she's beaming then she's pissed.

"Mate?" My wolf takes over. She rejects me and my wolf and I get pissed. She can't leave us. We'd die without her. So, I grab her and try to kiss those rosy lips. She stiffens so, I flick my tongue out to taste her lips. She rams her knee into me hard. I fall to my knees and groan as she runs. Running away makes my wolf angry. To my wolf this was defience and we shifted and ran for her.

"Mine!" my wolf growled. "Keep mate. Love mate." My wolf was in control. I couldn't do anything. He grabbed her and pushed her against the tree.

"Never refuse my affection, mate." he snarled. He noticed her tears. "what's wrong, Lizard?"

"You slammed me into the tree,' she gasped out. He then noticed her labored breath. She grimaced and tried to move and screamed out in pain. My body moved to her side and noticed blood all over her white dress and a nub/stick of the tree in her back.

"Oh, God! Lizard?! Shit!" he screamed. His wolf howled in pain searching for her wolf. He yelled in frustration when he didn't get an answer.

"Lizard, I have to pull you out." She didn't complain. He counted to three and ripped it out. Lizzie cried and passed put in his arms.

"We hurt our mate!" my wolf cried.

"It's our fault!"

"Go help mate! Protect her! She's all we have" my wolf growled.

She was so pale. I shifted quickly and gently tugged her clothes off. Once, I did that I licked her wound and watched it heal. She gasped out and we yipped in joy. I leaned my head to her stomach and she held me. My wolf enjoyed her hands roaming over our fur. She leaned down and kissed my snout. I licked her cheek and tasted sweat and blackberries with vanilla. In wolf form I became aroused.

"Shift Lizard!" He needed her. He needed to mark and claim her. His wolf demanded it..

"Tristan, I can't shift right now. It hurts." She whimpered. My wolf shifted so that I was in charge. I held her to me and gently picked her up. She laid limply against my arms. She muttered softly, " I love you." I stopped in my tracks. I just hurt her and she's telling me that she loves me. She must be hurting. My wolf however, enjoyed the thought of his mate already loving him. She fell asleep as I carried her home.