Home alone?

Home alone

Suddenly, the door jarred open and aunt Sarah calls to me. Sarah isn't my real aunt. She's my mama's best friend.

"Yes, aunt Sarah?

"Go get ready, we're going into town." Tristan looks at me and smiles. A two week trip! We can always convince them to leave without us. I run over to mama. "Can I stay home with Tristan?"

"All right little lizard. You need to feed the chickens everyday, though, if your going to stay." I run outside and crash into Tristan.

"Can you stay?"

"Aye, I can, but I have to tend to the cows." Mama walks over to the wagon with papa and he helps her into the wagon. Papa looks to me and walks over to me. "Little lizard, I love you. have a good time with Tristan." Papa kisses my forehead and I hear a faint growl. Papa pulls back and chuckles.

"Papa did you hear that?"

"It's nothing child." with saying that, he turns and walks over to an angry-looking Tristan. Papa leans in and whispers into Tristan's ear. Tristan turns red and walks away to the house. Papa smiles and gets in he wagon. Uncle James grabs the reins and yips for the horses to go. The wagon fades away and silence follows. The wind picks up and my hair flows. I love the breeze. I look around for Tristan.

I trudge over to the house and freeze. Growling erupts from the large wolf. I will myself to move but my legs are frozen. This wolf is huge, he must be the alpha. Finally after what seems like hours my legs begin to work. I turn and start running the opposite direction to the barn. I never get the chance. The animal jumps on me. I brace for the impact....

************************************cliffhanger :) spread the word around for this book pwease :)

Vote comment share

Why so serious >;}