Part 18

"Then how did you get this way?" you ask. As soon as you ask Sans goes silent. He adjusts his jacket. Bones start cracking as Sans turns back to his normal self.

"I don't remember . . ." Sans eventually says, startling you. His voice was low and dark.

~~~~

"C'mon, you wanna get some nicecream?" Sans asks, trying to lighten up the mood.

"O-okay . . ." you stutter.

"Hey, kid, don't worry. Okay" Sans tells you.

You follow Sans and get some nicecream. Sans is so happy and bright, like a weight was lifted from his shoulders. The weight of the Gaster Blasters. It made you start to forget your worries. Being with Sans and seeing him so happy . . . it made you happy.

You and Sans are sitting on a bench outside the nicecream shop, eating in silence. It is still strange to see a skeleton eating, but then again there are a lot of strange things about Sans. The two of you finish your nicecreams. You and Sans decide to take a walk back to the park. You reach for Sans's hand, trying to be friendly. His bones are cold as you hold his hand. Sans blushes, but he doesn't try to stop you. Instead he entwines his fingers with yours.

You are back at the park. Sans leads you under the shade of a tree. He lets go of your hand and plops himself onto the grass. You giggle as Sans moves his arms like he's trying to make an angel in the grass. You lean over Sans and he pulls you down next to him. You lay on your back, staring up at the sunlight showing through the leaves. A light breeze comes through.

You'd forgotten what Sans could do and just focused on being here. You are here, laying in the grass next to a skeleton. It made you giggle. Sans looks over at you, smiling.

"What are you laughing at?" Sans teases.

"Nothing" you say. Sans hums in response.

"y/n, I was wondering . . ." Sans starts to say. You look over at him just as a Frisbee comes straight towards your head.