Part 8

Alphys hands Sans a small device. Sans takes off his jacket and hands it to Alphys before running to the other end of the room. Alphys takes a deep breath and goes to a keyboard next to the door and types in a code. The door closes and a small emergency door opens off to the side. Thick metal bars go up in the middle of the room to separate Sans from the rest of the room.

Sans takes a couple of deep breaths before saying "I'm putting on the stimulant in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . ." He clicks the device onto his ankle. It starts beeping.

~~~~

Sans starts to sweat, which is odd for a skeleton. His breathing becomes fast and heavy. You watch him as he bends over hands over his head. You notice his left eye is blue and there seems to be a flame coming from it. Sans groans in pain, his shirt starting to rip. His bones start shifting and cracking and growing. You start to shake and turn to look at Alphys who is also shaking.

You turn away, covering your ears and eyes, trying to block out the sound and sight of Sans. But the sound still reaches you. Crunching and growling. You start to cry and you feel sick. After what seems like forever you feel a tap on your shoulder. You only hold your hands tighter to your ears. There's another light tap on your shoulder.

You open your eyes, but keep your hands over your ears. Looking down at the ground, you spot yellow monster toes and look up to see Alphys standing next to you. She signals for you to uncover your ears, so you do. You look over where Sans was. You jump back with a yelp, startled at the huge Gaster Blaster beast pressing its head against the bars. The creature, Sans, is giving off a low growl. His left is still flaming blue and you can tell he is staring right at you.

In a way he's beautiful. He's still very scary, but mostly because he's intimidating. You stare at Sans's new form in awe. Without thinking you take a few steps towards Sans. He growls louder, pushing against the bars, tail swaying side to side. You continue to go forward.

"y/n c-come back. We need to s-start the tests." Alphys calls for you.

You turn around, not realizing the whirring sound. Just as you step to the side to walk back to Alphys a laser like blast goes off almost hitting you. It was aimed in the spot you were just in. You jump away, terrified, and quickly run over to Alphys. You heart is racing and you want to cry from the shock. Sans is panting. Alphys holds you, trying to calm you down.