Part 25

"T-two days!?" Alphys repeats "Sans that r-really isn't good. You a-and I need to have a c-chat . . . now."

"Don't worry 'bout it Alphys" Sans says. Alphys heads towards the stairs and signals for Sans to follow. Sans tucks in his tail like a dog and follows Alphys up the stairs. You and Papyrus watch them go up. Papyrus sighs.

~~~~

"I don't know what's gotten into him . . ." Papyrus says. You don't know if he was talking to himself or to you, but you still look at him. "Sans has been having a lot of trouble . . ."

"Trouble?" you ask.

"With the Gaster Blaster. It was really bad before he met you . . . it hasn't gotten any better now either . . ." Papyrus explains.

You hum, not quite understanding what Papyrus meant, but still willing to accept it. There is a green couch next to you and against the wall. You sit down on one end of the couch and wait for Alphys and Sans to come back. Papyrus goes back inside the kitchen.

After a few minutes Sans and Alphys come back down stairs. Sans plops on the opposite side of the couch from where you are. He won't look in your direction, but you can still see he's blushing. Alphys goes into the kitchen and talks to Papyrus. She comes back out with a plate of spaghetti and hands it to Sans. Sans crosses his arms and gives her a grumpy face, which is really funny to you because he's a big scary Gaster Blaster humanoid acting like a toddler.

"I'll eat later, okay?" Sans says to Alphys. Alphys glares at Sans then takes the plate back to the kitchen with a sigh.

"I'm g-going to continue looking for the n-notes, alright Sans" Alphys says as she comes out of the kitchen and goes back up the stairs.

After Alphys leaves, Papyrus comes out of the kitchen and sits in-between you and Sans. "Awkward sibling hug?" he asks Sans.

". . . Awkward sibling hug" Sans repeats. They hug each other.

"Pat. Pat" the brothers say at the same time while patting each other's back. You hide a laugh.

"Aw. Come on, we can't leave y/n out!" Sans says.

"Group hug!" Papyrus announces. He grabs you and pulls you into a hug.

"Sans! Sans! I h-have some news for y-you!" Alphys says as she comes running down the stairs with a phone in her hand. You all stop hugging and listen to Alphys. "Toriel t-thinks she found something. A n-note." Alphys explains "She's coming over now."

"What?! She can't see me like this!" Sans growls loudly.

"Don't w-worry Sans. I can t-take care of it" Alphys says trying to calm Sans down. Sans growls, annoyed.