Chapter 17

Rowdy pondered what to do about the threats against them for the next few days. He had called upon Ace to help as well. With Aces service background he had more ways of finding out information that others didn't want figured out.

Rowdy had an idea of who it could have been but he wasn't jumping to any conclusions. He wanted to make sure it was her before anything was done. Ace assured him he was on it and would hopefully have Rowdy's answer soon.

Rowdy was staring off into space as he sat on the couch pondering his choices of who it could be. He had his feet propped on the table with one leg bent. His head felt heavy on his fist as he stared off into space deep in thought. A million thought were running through his mind and he didn't have a clue where to start. He was going to wait until he heard back from Ace before he started making his own calls.

He felt the couch dip beside him before the side of his face was licked. "Awe Bruno!" He bellowed as he wiped his face with the sleeve of his shirt as he chuckled. He glanced at his dog to see him sitting next to him with his head cocked to the side. His mouth was open and his tongue was hanging out with drops of who knows what dripping off of it. He looked like he had just accomplished something and was proud of himself. "You are a nasty creature you know that right?" He chuckled again when Bruno just barked at him and wagged his stubby tail.

"Want to go for your walk I guess." Rowdy stated as Bruno jumped off the couch and vanished into the other room. A moment later he came back with his leash in his still slobbery mouth. Rowdy scrunched up his nose as he carefully grabbed the leash from his dog and gave him an unhappy look. Of course this didn't bother Bruno as he just pranced around in circles waiting for Rowdy to take him for his walk.

"Alright boy settle down I'm going." He knelt down to hook the leash to Brunos collar before dropping it to the floor so he could put his shoes on. Bruno just sat patiently waiting tail wagging and tongue hanging out. "Can you not keep that tongue in your mouth boy?" Rowdy teased as he rubbed Bruno's head.

They set off on their walk. Halfway though they saw Mrs. Neininmyer struggling with her groceries and stopped to help. Rowdy looped Bruno's leash over the fence post and quickly rushed over to help her. She was eighty-nine years old and was in the final recovery of her hip replacement. He talked to her about her therapy progress and she said how very sorry she was to hear about the damage to his and Allison's cars. After a bit of talking, a glass of lemonade she instead he drink for his help and of course a dog treat for Bruno, they parted ways and continued on their way home.

Once home he checked the time and saw that he still had a few hours before Al got off work and debated what to do. He decided that he was going to walk to work and get some stuff done at the bar. It was only a few blocks away and he had given Al his truck to drive to work. He would work on the cars but he was waiting on his purchases to come in so that was at a stand still for now. Sure he could do little things and work on sanding them down but he honestly didn't think his temper could take it at this point in time. He shot a quick text to Allison telling her where he would be and she quickly responded.

About twenty minutes later he strolled into his second home and was immediately greeted by his regulars. Seth was at the bar talking to Ace and both men turned to look at him as he approached. "Afternoon gentlemen." Rowdy said and received greeting in return. "How's business today?" Rowdy asked as he rounded the bar headed for his office.

"Slow start but nothing out of the ordinary." Seth responded. Rowdy nodded in response. "Good. If you need anything just holler. " He glanced at Ace with a serious look and the older man got up to follow him.

"I know it hasn't been long but have you learned anything yet?" Rowdy asked as he gestured for Ace to take the chair across from him at the desk as he poured himself a drink. Ace had brought his with him so he didn't offer him any.