Eight:

Eight Months Later...

"James," Lily protested, "I do not want to have this baby at Hogwarts! We've been here long enough. Even Albus said its safe!" James sighed, "Lily, I just want to be extra careful. If You-Know-Who targeted our first baby... well his followers might do the same for the second." Lily rubbed a hand over her bump, "I understand. You're a great dad, I just... I don't know. You're right, we should stay here."

James grinned, "Thank you." He leaned in towards Lily and gave her a peck on the lips. That peck continued for longer than expected, and then the two were full-blown kissing. Lily pushed hard against his lips, as if he would disappear when she released. James didn't stop her, in fact he pushed equally as hard, longing for the warmth of their lips touching. That went on for minutes, but as they broke apart it felt as if only seconds had passed. Lily sighed, "It's never long enough." James burst out laughing. Good little Lily said that?

"Yucky..." 2-year-old Harry giggled from the chair across the room. James crossed the floor to him and set him atop his shoulders. "Daddy!" Harry squealed as James zoomed around the room with his son on his shoulders. "Fun!" Harry declared as he was set down next to his mum on the love seat.

"Are you excited to get a new baby brother or sister, Harry?" Lily asked. "When?" Harry raised his eyebrows above the circle-rimmed glasses he recently received in order of Madame Pomfrey. "Soon. A couple of weeks, maybe." Lily said and placed him on her lap. "Boy or girl, Mummy?" Harry started playing with her orange curls that had really gotten unreasonably long, but she like it. Lily shrugged, "We won't find out until it's born." Harry considered this, "I want girl." James and Lily were both surprised by this. "Really?" James said, taking a seat next to the pair. "Yes." Harry nodded, "We have boy." He pointed to himself, "No girl."

Lily considered Harry to be fairly advanced on the subject of dialogue, considering his age.

"Mummy what you want?" Harry resumed the hair twirling. Lily smiled to herself, "I will love both, Harry. So will daddy, and I hope you will, too." Harry nodded, "Yes." But I want a girl, too, Lily thought.

---

Later that night, James was getting Harry ready for bed and Lily started to feel the baby kicking... no, not kicking, summer salting. She plopped down into the chair and began to worry. She prayed the baby was okay and that the pain would stop soon. She was finding it hard to breathe. "J-James," she managed. He came rushing over.

"Lily... are you alright?!" The pain slowly faded. Lily nodded but had a feeling. "James," she whispered, "I think it's time to have the baby."

Authors Note:
Haha... cliff hanger! You probably hate me...!
Update coming anywhere between late night tonight and tomorrow.

Comment below which gender you think it'll be!!! You could add a name suggestion, also. One per gender please!

Enjoy!!!